• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
When I first started looking into some Virgils for myself, I went through nearly all of Lazytuba's flickstream lol. Anyways, I found a pair on Rakuten recently for what I thought was a pretty good price, and I've already put more wear into them in a week than they had when I got them. Definitely gonna be on that hiroki hype now. I already told ilikebacon that if they've got those black patrician boots on sale to let me know. Otherwise, I might just settle for some patrician los and replace the red soles with the linked soles above(thanks btw).

Also has anyone ever seen a black kilgore? Besides the few on Yahoo auctions, I've never seen one before. I'm assuming those being sold now are likely fake, especially since the seller has multiple listing as different prices.

Last edited:

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
Went back today and found out that the information that SA told me yesterday almost all wrong. So they had all their styles on sale actually, not just those 3. And they take phone orders as well. You just have to provide a credit card and a billing address. They might only be able to ship to your billing address (not 100% sure on this one).

Alright so these are the models they had in stores.

The prices and sizes/stock for the first 4 pairs and the 2nd last (Cumberlands) in order starting from the Skagway Florals.

$210 // 9 10 11 12
$320 // 8 9 10 11 12
$365 // 10 11 12
$300 // 8 9 10 11 12
$345 // Forgot to check sizes for these and not 100% sure on price tbh. I'm forgetful as **** lol.

Keep in mind all prices are CAD.

Their phone number is (514)284-1906. The boutique is SSENSE. Didn't even know they had a boutique; thought it was just online. An SA told me they just don't advertise at all.

That's all the info I have. Cheers!

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to call three times to get someone to do a phone order for me since they were really busy BUT I finally got a pair of Skagways. Thanks Bacon

pasteurisation

Reaction score
I didn't know that they carry Visvim. I wonder why their website doesn't have them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know that they carry Visvim. I wonder why their website doesn't have them.
A lot of places are apparently not allowed to sell Visvim online. Having special products that are not part of the webstore, and having to do things by email, etc... messes up a streamlined system. It makes sense if you feel that you are going to do a brisk business. But if you feel that it's going to be more of a hassle than it's worth to your business, there is no incentive to do it.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying EG is so weird. Some places you have to call in some places you can just buy. I don't understand it. Why do they even do that?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, my blue flora ones came today. So good. So, 10.5 is my dead on size. fml that most places don't carry half sizes. I guess that I have to pay more for low tops (hard to wear them super loose), but can go up to 11 (comfy, especially for chillin or just strolling), for hightops.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you order from? Ssense?

I have a 8oz denim Lhamo coming in.

IDEALLY I would've won my bid on this lhamo kuba (corduroy + vintage japanese fabric accents), but it went up to $400 and life is hard

Emixam

Reaction score
Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So ssense is not officially allowed to sell Visvim? Thanks. 

They are, but only at their brick and mortar store. Apparently canadians dont like visvim because it never usually hits sale prices like that...

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, m&s said that they couldn't sell visvim online either and that there wouldn't be any sales (hopefully sales eventually...) I think partly bc ss14 was the first season they had it. I think visvim wants to see if you can sell the product without heavy advertising and/or discounts.

Doesn't seem to be an issue since m&s mentioned a few times about how much product they were moving and how good the margins were...like someone would just come in and look at the pants and pick up all 3 in each color...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads