• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Soo.... Seems he got banned after all. :teach:

His videos are whack anyway. not very knowledgeable on the brand or the pieces and have you seen his "collection" I think I can count the number of pieces on one hand. He's also not very competitive in his pricing considering the relative ubiquity of his pieces that many others are selling.

Emixam

Reaction score
there's currently a labor shortage in Japan thats been going on for a decade now. that's been driving up labor cost all over the place to the point they now have to start bringing in migrant vietnamese to work at a 7-11. There is no place in the world where labor cost are going down.

where do you get your data about japan labor costs. I have been living here for 6 years, except for the big firms, people dont get raise each year, this i can insure you. bringing south asian immigration is the point to not raise salaries basically...you still get paid 950jpy per hour at a convenience store just like 5 years ago.

as for being conspiratorial about the "virus", up to you to believe it even exists ?

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
His videos are whack anyway. not very knowledgeable on the brand or the pieces and have you seen his "collection" I think I can count the number of pieces on one hand. He's also not very competitive in his pricing considering the relative ubiquity of his pieces that many others are selling.
Are you seriously making fun of someone by the amount of visivm they own? Everyone starts from somewhere, I'm just trying to make some content that people might enjoy. I got into visvim a couple years ago, so I'm not an expert. I don't understand the hate, aren't we all just people who enjoy a brand?

pastrystar23

Reaction score
where do you get your data about japan labor costs. I have been living here for 6 years, except for the big firms, people dont get raise each year, this i can insure you. bringing south asian immigration is the point to not raise salaries basically...you still get paid 950jpy per hour at a convenience store just like 5 years ago.

as for being conspiratorial about the "virus", up to you to believe it even exists ?

the virus is real. It's up to you if you want to live.

and you are confusing labor cost with the lack of it. Japan does not have a minimum wage law, I get that, that's also why they are very uncompetitive when it comes to technology investments from outside the country when you have a lack of labor that also raises costs for everybody for everything.

30% of Japan's population is over 65. that's the highest rate in the world and highly unsustainable. That's why Japan has to innovate with technology, their population is going to be hollowed out in the next decade. That's going to mean the cost of production for everything in the country will always go up every year.

where do you live outside of Japan where things made in that country are "cheap"???? it doesn't exist. If uniqlo were made in Japan it would be 10x the price.

Last edited:

Emixam

Reaction score
the virus is real. It's up to you if you want to live.

lololol is that a death threat? i am scared now! can't wait for Vis to release an ICT vintage katazome boro mask so that i can feel protected from imminent death anywhere I go ?

Last edited:

Samer

Reaction score
Are you seriously making fun of someone by the amount of visivm they own? Everyone starts from somewhere, I'm just trying to make some content that people might enjoy. I got into visvim a couple years ago, so I'm not an expert. I don't understand the hate, aren't we all just people who enjoy a brand?

Keep doing your thing brother we all started somewhere

pastrystar23

Reaction score

If you don't own, how will you know? you need to educate yourself before starting so called "shops" and channels just because there is a lack of content. How about purchasing the Dissertations from 2005 to 2010? they are readily available online at reasonable prices. they not only catalog the seasons selections but have a lot of information about the brand, their philosophy and the details of the clothes, fabric and makers themselves.

I just don't like it when clearly inexperienced people try to pass themselves on as "experts" on something. You're right, there is a lack of informed online content about visvim, but adding basic, uninformed videos isn't going to make it better. fan vids are nice, but that's about all you're doing.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Keep doing your thing brother we all started somewhere

yeah, ben clymer started Hoodinkee as a blog 14 years ago. But he didn't start it to learn about watches, he started it to EDUCATE people on watches since he is very knowledgeable on the subject from the very beginning. He did his homework and bought a bunch of watches before he ever started a blog.

sorry, but I don't praise mediocrity. and there is just too much of that in the world.

Last edited:

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score
If you don't own, how will you know? you need to educate yourself before starting so called "shops" and channels just because there is a lack of content. How about purchasing the Dissertations from 2005 to 2010? they are readily available online at reasonable prices. they not only catalog the seasons selections but have a lot of information about the brand, their philosophy and the details of the clothes, fabric and makers themselves.

I just don't like it when clearly inexperienced people try to pass themselves on as "experts" on something. You're right, there is a lack of informed online content about visvim, but adding basic, uninformed videos isn't going to make it better. fan vids are nice, but that's about all you're doing.
Yes, I've been thinking of purchasing some dissertation to educate myself! I never said I was an expert, and never tried to pass as one. I'll work on making my videos more organized and more educated. Thanks for the help!

pastrystar23

Reaction score
lololol is that a death threat? i am scared now! do I need a useless mask in my own house? ?

yes, it's a death threat from covid 19. I think it's at your door.

yes, same "useless" mask used by doctors performing surgery. they wear it for the same reason, the reason science discovered 100 years ago.

and if you don't believe in science, then that might kill you too.

Last edited:

Civilist

Reaction score
lots of twists and turns here. pastrystar's gratuitously bitchy attacks on visivm youtube guy, coupled with his endorsement of questionable laundering technology, indicate general insufferableness. his replies to emixam's comments about masks and covid were better, but emixam seems to have been joking, though it's hard to say as emixam appears to have a ******* weird sense of humor

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2373.jpg
IMG_2372.jpg
IMG_2371.jpg

Was re-arranging my closet for the changing seasons and decided to take a couple quick shots of some of my Visvim shoes (Left to Right)

Black Grizzlies, Brigadier x3, ICT Lafayette, Hammond, Kangaroo Virgils, ICT Virgils, Skags, Zermatt.

The brown suede brigadiers were my first ever Visvim purchase. I think I bought them at DSM NYC.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
View attachment 1511090 View attachment 1511091 View attachment 1511092

Was re-arranging my closet for the changing seasons and decided to take a couple quick shots of some of my Visvim shoes (Left to Right)

Black Grizzlies, Brigadier x3, ICT Lafayette, Hammond, Kangaroo Virgils, ICT Virgils, Skags, Zermatt.

The brown suede brigadiers were my first ever Visvim purchase. I think I bought them at DSM NYC.
Nice collection. I have the same Zermatts but haven’t been wearing them as much as my Brigs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads