• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retlas

Reaction score
I am 5’ 7... 160lbs and a 2 is slim but not fitted

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks size 1 should work for me then
I don’t want to steer you wrong but I’m shorter than you and a little lighter and a 1 was pretty tight in me. Mine is from a couple of seasons back but I would definitely get a 2 if I were to purchase again.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lhamo sizing varies a lot depending on the material. Personally I think they look better when they're not super tight and for your measurements would at least get a 2. Additionally you'll want to think about how much freedom you want around what to layer underneath it. I usually like the ability to wear lhamo's on top of a long sleeve shirt.

I'm 5'8", ~150lb. Usually wear 38/48 suits and for most seasons size 2 lhamos are a bit too tight for me (especially in the sleeves).

zabo358

Reaction score
Ha well I’m getting a lot of conflicted advice. The particular Lhamo I am looking at is the SS16 ICT Sashiko if that helps. Not sure if anyone had experience with that particular Lhamo.

Last edited:

Retlas

Reaction score
ICT stuff generally fits small so definitely a 2 in that sashiko one.

sorry for the conflicting advice, I only wear mine over tees so they fit differently depending

zabo358

Reaction score
ICT stuff generally fits small so definitely a 2 in that sashiko one.

sorry for the conflicting advice, I only wear mine over tees so they fit differently depending
Thanks I found a size 2 and will go with that. Appreciate the help everyone.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
E020B68C-415B-41C9-998A-2BF643024B78.jpeg

Free edge + tiogas + skags on this hot day

Also, I need suspenders for the tiogas. Anyone have any suggestions?

zabo358

Reaction score
So whats the deal on Visvim pricing when buying direct vs a third party in Japan? I messaged Mr.SK (proxy) about the Amplus tee and was quoted $315. The same tee on Visvim's website is $450. I have heard Visivm is cheaper in Japan but am somewhat surprised by difference. If I want to buy an item that is available on the Visvim webstore, should I always be going through a proxy like Mr. SK? Not sure if this pricing difference is item specific or across the board.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can generally check the prices for a lot of items by switching to the Japan web store.

In your case the AMPLUS TEE S/S (UNEVEN DYE) is ¥28,000 ($260) in Japan and $515 in the US. The third party seller is able to make a profit off a 20% markup since their cost of doing business is a lot lower. In most cases, I've seen the markup in the US vs Japan being somewhere between 50% and 100+%

Drawbacks on going through a proxy are warranties are potentially not valid as well as other risks associated with dealing with a non-legitimate entity. There's plenty of stories about proxies who have had years of great service only to screw people over at the very end. That being said I think plenty of people have used Mr.SK with good results in the past.

zabo358

Reaction score
You can generally check the prices for a lot of items by switching to the Japan web store.

In your case the AMPLUS TEE S/S (UNEVEN DYE) is ¥28,000 ($260) in Japan and $515 in the US. The third party seller is able to make a profit off a 20% markup since their cost of doing business is a lot lower. In most cases, I've seen the markup in the US vs Japan being somewhere between 50% and 100+%

Drawbacks on going through a proxy are warranties are potentially not valid as well as other risks associated with dealing with a non-legitimate entity. There's plenty of stories about proxies who have had years of great service only to screw people over at the very end. That being said I think plenty of people have used Mr.SK with good results in the past.
Wow I had no idea the pricing was marked up that much for US customers. I definitely can’t justify paying 50-100% more for an item that is already on the expensive side at Japanese retail. I guess I’ll stick to Grailed and Mr.SK for my Visvim purchases going forward.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys I just got my ICT delivery. I can't let it go live until Saturday, but if you're looking for measurements and all that, please get in touch with me. I'm happy to pull your size if it hasn't already been accounted for. If it's urgent, I'd recommend calling me at the store. 720 282 3114

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads