• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bbhewee

Reaction score
Careful. The bison grizzlies with the dainite sole come up small. But otherwise yes.

Anyone have any experience with the Beuys and the sizing please. Thanks.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Need Virgil boot laces.
Boot are the "Folk-Kngr"
Thanks & enjoy

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need Virgil boot laces.
Boot are the "Folk-Kngr"
Thanks & enjoy
are you looking for The round cotton ones with brass tips? There was a site that I used to get them, you may have to search this thread as I can’t remember what the site was. But you could customize a decent approximation, though I was never really able to find tips that were distressed like Original vis ones

simcol

Reaction score
i.d. and legit check sought. What do you think? Moc toe Virgil? Fake? Any easy way to tell? Thanks in advance, community!

visvim_vibram_boots_1589635030_12d5cf67_progressive.jpg

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fake- its a mashup of virgil moc toe and blackstone. Also the stamping ink on the tongue is too picture perfect- very common with the fakes.

simcol

Reaction score
Fake- its a mashup of virgil moc toe and blackstone. Also the stamping ink on the tongue is too picture perfect- very common with the fakes.
Many thanks. Appreciate the input; and my suspicions on this one are confirmed. I will steer well clear. Cheers!

Emixam

Reaction score
plus the welt stitching is off (iooks like stitched by machine), it should be handtitched so more coarse and irregular

simcol

Reaction score
plus the welt stitching is off (iooks like stitched by machine), it should be handtitched so more coarse and irregular
Got it! Thanks. Helpful for this occasion, and generally when looking at pieces in the future. Much appreciated.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there were fake visvim dita sunglasses?

thanks.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but not sure about the newer models. Definitely the older models- I had a pair way back when since they were cheap, but in a different league than the real deal.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Picked these up. Love them but only thing I hate is the lacing difficulty at the top hooks. Really made only for rounded laces but the flat style gave it a nice, different look imo.
71E864C6-5B90-4B56-BCD6-EB136FFF0321.jpeg

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is all preference but traditionally the speed hooks arent used, the laces are wrapped around the shoe and tied with the speed hooks left open.

1590024705440.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.