*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Laces for Virgils: Buy 54". It'll be a little expensive since it's flat rate shipping... mine came out to be $17 for 1 pair at waxed cotton with brass tips. They're just a hair thinner than normal Visvim laces but they work fine enough. I actually prefer the rounded wax laces over the leather ones for Virgils.

Might as well post these here too: here are the best soles I've found for Virgils if you want the heel profile versus the flat Vibram christy soles. I think older models used custom Vibram morflex soles that you can't get. The heel profile on these soles are a little larger than normal Virgils, but I'm sure you can ask your cobbler to sand it down to match. That said, I'm still looking for someone I can send my Virgils to to be worked on (sole replacement, some work on the TPU stabilizer, and some stitching has come undone on the upper), so if anyone has any in mind let me know. I know about the Firm and FJ Western, but not sure if they will work on shoes sent to them.

Other Dr. Sole soles are really good, too. I had my W+H x Dayton boots resoled from leather to the raw corded and it's awesome. Lin is a great guy and very knowledgeable and didn't hesitate to answer any of my numerous questions.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

2. g transistor

You should definitely look into the 73 if you have a lot of geller. I think it works really well with geller military-ish aesthetic.

3. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Could we get a dedicated list of legit Visvim reseller websites too? Places like Concept Shop Online and Supreme Palace are what I'm thinking of, I know there's a few more but I cant think of them at the moment.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

So... I guess that this should cdome as no surprise to anyone, but I'm thinking about getting a Visvim Mayan D-ring belt. Opinions? Sizing advice?

5. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

6. g transistor

7. LA Guy

I saw those, and it occurs to me that I really like the Visvim x Sophnet stuff, especially the lighter colored 7 hole mocs (those seem to be most idiosyncratic). Apart from the places below (I couldn't see a pair in a size 10.5 or 11), is there any other place that you know of that sells the collabs?

8. LA Guy

9. g transistor

Are you talking about the old 7hole vis x sophnet ones, from 2011? Not sure where to find them anymore, to be honest. Don't think you'll have much luck outside of consignment and auctions or marketplace.

10. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Would anyone be interested in any of these http://m.imgur.com/6YKcC8S? My local store has them for $210 CAD plus tax. I could proxy potentially. A local store is having a decent sale with almost a full size run left. PM me and leave me your number if you want (so when I go tomorrow I can confirm the price and stock quicker).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

11. g transistor

12. LA Guy

Absolutely!

The patchwork on the right, or the lowtop as a second option. Size 10.5 or 11 if need be.

13. LA Guy

Thanks for checking on prices and stock for me man. Really appreciate it. Man, it's not like I really need more ways to spend my money...

14. g transistor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heavily worn 2 year old med-brown kudu Virgils from 2011. My favorite pair of boots I own.

Also you guys should check out this guy's flickr stream. Photos of the flagship and lots of great product shots of Visvim as well as some other Japanese brands

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lazytuba/with/14373518767/

15. chimpskibot

chimpskibot Well-Known Member

Can you pick me up a bag of coffee or two will cover all fees