• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rnt

Reaction score
i would just hunt around on the pre-owned sites including Japanese auctions for a good deal. Even for something basic like a tee, I doubt anything but Visvim will satisfy if you’re looking for Visvim. You just have to be patient x
I totally agree, it will not satisfy you in the same way, I think the brand's values are very different aswell. But in a fashion opinion I like to try out and combine multiple brands and sometimes visvim Is just too expensive and you have to lower your standards imo

Rnt

Reaction score
Any specific models you would recommend? I would probably need something XL or XXL to get an oversized look and I find a lot of John Elliott (JE @skenney ) has Bieber style tight sleeves or something.
Hi there! Just to give you a general feel I don't think John Elliott is ever really tight. Nearly all their sweatshirts focus on a slightly oversized fit. Depending on if you want to buy new or used I'd recommend different models since some are discontinued. Nearly all sweatshirts use dropped shoulders which would make it easier to achieve that oversized look. Don't go for raglan or the old dual flash zip, it's a slimmer fit. I haven't had the replica fillip which is in stores now but I know it fits cropped. I'd look into new beach hoodie which is everyone's new favorite. My old favorite was the mercer half zip (just google: John Elliott mercer half zip and you'll find pics), I tend to think this goes great with my visvim. But I never heard about the tight sleeves. So if you size correct you should be fine one the more oversized (and not slim) models. There's a huge JE thread here on SF so maybe lurk around there for a while and see what you like
PS: there's no visvim lovers in that thread (not that I know).
Let me know if you have any other questions

supermang

Reaction score
Hi. I can’t find the sizing info on G’s file so I’m going to ask here. Any advice on the sizing of Foley Folk and Blackfoot Moc Toe Boot compared to the 7-hole or suede Virgils please. Or FBT even. Thanks.

Link to sizing spreadsheet is on page 168

bbhewee

Reaction score
Thanks mate. As I said. The info I’m looking for isn’t on the file. I since took a leap of faith.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experiences with the Visvim ISDT boot? I did some searching but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a nice visit with the manager of Visvim in Santa Fe, NM. As you may know this was the first stand alone Visvim store in the USA. Beautiful displays and vibe.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a damaged/Med blue 101 in size 4? I tried one from ssense last fall that I am kicking myself for not keeping and would love to find one again

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experiences with the Visvim ISDT boot? I did some searching but couldn't find anything conclusive.
Apparently I can't multi-task very well or edit this post right now, as I missed a keyword in the question.

I meant to ask about peoples SIZING experiences with the ISDT boot?

Retlas

Reaction score
Apparently I can't multi-task very well or edit this post right now, as I missed a keyword in the question.

I meant to ask about peoples SIZING experiences with the ISDT boot?

They fit small, my pair are a half size up and snug. I would go a full size up

Retlas

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the help. Do they stretch out much with wear?

Mini are suede so yes they have but also not too much. I would have preferred mine to be a full size up rather than just 1/2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads