1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. steveoffice

steveoffice Distinguished Member

Interesting... I went with size 9 and they fit perfectly for me.

I’m 10 in Nike/42 MMM Gat/41 cp/9 in most dress shoes.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

they arent terribly small. were they tight for you at first try on? maybe it was my socks. how long before they broke in?

i thought TTS was referring to boot/dress shoe size. maybe ill try them again and save the expense of shipping back to UK

3. supermang

supermang Well-Known Member

I got the brown horsehide Virgils in size 9 from Roden Gray during the last big sale and they fit great for me aswell. I am TTS US9 and do 9.5 in Nikes/Adidas, 9 in boots/oxfords, and 41 in Buttero

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

thanks guys ill try again later today with diff socks and walk around carpet and see if i can make it work. must be my slightly wide foot

5. remin

remin New Member

Hi guys, i'm looking for info on the kerchief down jacket kofu. Does anyone know when the first edition was released? Anyone have links to articles about it besides the hypebeast(?) one? Or have personal experiences with seeing it at ICT popups?

Heres an example of the piece i'm referring to: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/kind-u/8055000002020/

Thanks guys love u all

6. GunwashAce

GunwashAce Active Member

I own a Kerchief down jacket (size 3), not Kofu though, and it's a little snug in the shoulders. If I were to get another I'd get a size 4. I'm 3 in most things but for most sanjuro and lhamo pieces one should size up because of shoulders. I'm wearing it today with a button down as it's freezing (27f°) and it's one of the warmest things I own.

7. skenney

skenney Senior Member

What's the difference between a kofu kerchief down jacket and a non- kofu?

Is it just the non-kofu being the bandana one and the kofu one being the patchwork indigo type style?

8. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

9. GunwashAce

GunwashAce Active Member

In the Vis lexicon kofu is patchwork. The bandana ones are a patch work of vintage bandanas.

10. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Is there anyone that has both of these versions of 'sand' in hand? To compare. Think i like the yellow beaded one more but the red beaded one is just at a way better price.

12035031_9483046_480.jpg

12994680_13722971_480.jpg

11. abagnale

abagnale Member

I have the yellow beaded ones but if I were to buy them again I’d probably choose the red beaded pair! They are actually camel, no?

12. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Shit how come! I just love that extra light tone. May i ask why you'd prefer the red beaded ones? i can only find them as listed 'sand' but yes there is also a red beaded camel one. But those are def more vibrant and browish.

Not sure which one you'd prefer now then, but still anything particular you dont like about the yellow beaded sand colour?
    04-05-2018_visvim_fbtveggiesuede_camel_118101001006-cml_ka_2.jpg

13. Emixam

Emixam Senior Member

Kofu just means tradtional fabric in Japanese. So itis the non bandana ones basically.

14. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Hey all,

I have a pair of FBTs that are beat, as well as a pair of Flynts. Like I said, both are fairly worn, but I was wondering if anyone has had success sending them off to be "repaired"? I realistically only need to sole re-adhered in a couple of spots.

IF, by chance, anyone here has had success, where did you send 'em?

15. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

I wouldn't bet on the horsehide stretching. That's odd that TTS didn't work for you (I have wide feet too and it works for me). The only other thing I've heard about Virgils is sizing down .5, which is relatively common.

43 MMM, 10.5 Nike, 10 Virgil