• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the mud dyed boots, but I've used Saphir Reno on crust leather shoes and the conditioner stained the leather. I later asked the the manufacturer about it and they said Reno can be kind of harsh. I haven't had any problems with it on "normal" leathers, only crust, but thought it was worth mentioning for mud dyed.

I've also used Obneauf LP. It darkens leather and can make the surface feel a little tacky, which will attract dust and dirt. Supposedly, this can wear the leather down prematurely, but I don't know for sure. It's a nice conditioner though if you want to weatherproof your shoes a bit.

Otherwise, Bicks and Allen Edmonds have pretty neutral conditioners. They'll still darken leathers, but no more so than any other conditioner.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
"Obenauf's doesn’t darken the boots?" I would say subjectively its more of a patina...which I like. But what I like the most is wiping salt,mud,light scuffing etc. off with a damp cloth then brushing and the shoe is clean. Have been doing this for years and not noticed to my eyes any ill effects to the leather.
Have to many boots and shoes so it is time consuming, THE downside !!!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok so these are up for grabs for $400. Add $15 for shipping in the US (they are heavy and the box is big).
I just want them out but 400 is the lowest it makes sense for me to sell.

Size 12
Black veg dyed suede
Worn 3 times
Dirt on the soles is the only “flaw”

8CE1B33D-CD9C-4F7E-AA96-17F94EA66648.jpeg
0E3840DE-759A-4749-B6AE-CED8CA37BE35.jpeg
F6F2F92C-5EFB-4785-B82D-A2BB8FC4F6E1.jpeg
0DA831C1-62F7-4372-8713-A26C11766E18.jpeg
C2D1EF37-217F-4202-8B38-04DD56C88EDD.jpeg
06CE3FA0-DFF3-4512-A263-3A160E88913E.jpeg

skenney

Reaction score
Would a 3 in a down jacket fit like a US L or a US M?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, US Medium.

Re: obenaufs

I found that tackiness is only there if you've used too much Obenauf's. I apply very lightly with my fingers and then brush it all around with an applicator. Then I brush again with a horsehide brush after a few minutes of drying, sometimes overnight.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will be heading to Santa Fe soon where they have the stand alone women's boutique. I'd like to get something for my wife. Is there any particular piece, for women, that you would recommend to start with Visvim as a first step?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a dress or kimono style jacket if she’s into that kind of stuff. WMV is really a specific kinda look that I think is kinda hard to give advice for.

There’s always really cool Native American jewelry made by wonderful artists in Santa Fe, too. Go to a reputable dealer where they sell signed artists’ work if you want that.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Brogs from Concept Shop. Not the same as Vintage Concept. Quick shipping.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just received a size 8.5 virgils in brown horsehide from bureau belfast but need to size up. they were on sale for 786.42 (including shipping to me to the US)

if anyone wants them at cost plus shipping to you, please pm me before i send back and waste time and money

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Newi just received a size 8.5 virgils in brown horsehide from bureau belfast but need to size up

That sucks,,,,You get your normal (TTS) Vis size ?
Tight in the toe box ?

Have not kopped yet, keep reading they run small ?

GL #first world problems

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i went TTS with my typical boot/dress shoe not my sneaker size. im a 9 in sneakers nike/adidas and 8.5 in most dress shoes AE/alden etc

was hoping i could make them work and im sure they would stretch out with wear but its already tight from get go so not worth it. i got a good deal on them which is why i was willing to try but should have just stuck with 9

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads