1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

Looking for the 101 Jacket Damaged (Black) in size 4. If anyone knows where I might find one at the moment please send a PM.

I've never done the proxy thing, but open to it. TIA!

2. zjab

zjab Member

Hey guys I could use a little objectivity right now cause Im feel like Im not able to make a clear headed decision.

I just measured my foot and Im def a 10.5 length AND width so hopefully some virgils in 10.5 from the 2013 SS fit me fine. Having the hardest time just pulling the trigger right now but Im in splurge mode cause I did good last month. Should I just go for it?

(Begin Tangent)

This whole experience got me re thinking o f an idea. It'd be awesome if there was a 3rd party company that would eat the risk and allow you to pay a small fee to have them sent to you to try on. This would only work for places that didnt offer returns, so this would only work in instances where an item is $$$$ and returns arent accepted. I feel like it would solve some other problems too but the main thing it would do is take some of the guess work out of buying brands or items youve never tried on and have no point of reference for. Most of the established e-commerce players would let you buy and return and item with no problem, but smaller stores and boutiques selling the same items may not be able to. So the 3rd party company buys an item youre looking for on eBay for example, then they buy it and send it to you. If you dont want it, send it back to 3rd party and they can then eventually sell or just use them as a sample pair to send around to anyone else whose interested online. Sounds kinda gross but a community sample if you will (if Air BnB can work then I dont see why this couldnt). The way they'll make money is for the the service of getting the product for you to try on. Basically, a Warby Parker type of deal but for anything clothing/shoe related on the internet, and that you would voluntarily pay for to have send to you so you can try on. If you like and want to keep, you already have the item. Its a service you'd pay for to get peace of mind on sizing. It could even be a way to turn window shopping into a profitable business. Just think of how many people dont buy online for this very reason. If it didnt feel like taking a gamble on a pair of shoes youve never tried on or maybe cannot try on in person, how nice would it be to know you can find out without having to make a huge investment? I'd also like to see someone come up with a notification for rare and hard to find items all across the internet, instead of signing up for an email notification at a million individual stores, you have one account and can have up to a million stores within it. But I guess email serves that purpose atm. I need to refine this but its an idea thats been floating around in my head for a little while. Would love to see someone actually do it cause Im not starting on it anytime soon. We'll call it.... Samplify, samplify your life. Anyways...... Might have to start a separate thread for this so lets get back to the thread.

(End tangent)

So the Virgils, should I buy them?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

yes buy them, they will fit fine

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Put this in the marketplace.

Thanks,

Fok.

5. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

coming back to the Virgil fit, here is a comparison of the outsole of the SS13 and FW13 : FW13 (left) is much narrower from heel to toe and is definitely TTS while the SS13 could allow for 0.5 size down. FW13 is more in line with the first Virgil last, but I tend to prefer the SS13 one for my wide feet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  6. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Very cool to visualize the sizing discrepancy. I wonder what it'll be like for future Virgils? I think I'd prefer the slimmer last though.

7. luza

luza Member

Hi,

Do skagways fit TTS (sorry it has been discussed). If I am size US11 in converse , but US12 in Brigadiers would skagways in US11 be OK ?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If you are all 11 in Chucks, always in 11 should also fit.

9. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

they run TTS imo. im size 12

10. essesserr

essesserr Member

Does anyone here have any experience with the flannel shirts? Im looking at buying the Black Elk Flannel Shirt and unsure about whether I should go for size 1 or size 2. Is size 1 the smallest? Cause im not sure about going for the smallest size if its a japanese size. Im 181 cm, chest about 93cm , im slim built.
    These are the measurements for the shirt sizes
    SIZE 1 : Length 74 , Shoulder 45 , Sleeve 53.6 , Chest 102 (cm)
    SIZE 2 : Length 76.5 , Shoulder 47 , Sleeve 55.1 , Chest 107 (cm)
    Size 1 looks like my size but i cant be sure. Can anyone tell me how they fit?? btw im a visvim newbie so maybe i'm way off on what would fit me. Im just thinkin that flannel shirts often run large

This is the shirt

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  11. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

As I said on sufu, they run tts (slim arms on everything) but length matters more than anything. If the measurements on the 1 seem to match up I'd go with that size.

12. luza

luza Member

Thanks to you both.

13. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

I know very little (nothing) about the brand. Can anyone give me a quick overview about this hoodie, what season, etc? Thanks! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. einstine

einstine Senior member

If your going to buy something from visvim do not get a hoodie, some are okay but not worth the cash and that looks like something bought from pacsun anyway.

1 person likes this.
  15. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Probably somewhere between 2003-2006. Not worth a penny unless you get for like 20 bones. That being said the newer vis hoodies are actually great just not at retail

16. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

Vis clothing line started in 2005, and the tag chaned after 2008 so between 2005-2008. It looks terrible.

1 person likes this.
  17. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

18. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

Dang if they were a 10 I'd be soooo tempted to pick them up

19. modual

modual Senior member

Anyone know where i can get black leather virgils in a us10 please ?

20. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

^ suede or not? From what I've seen the suede versions are a lot more common on the secondhand market.