• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Send help, I'm tempted to get FBT.

Neorotic

Reaction score

Samer

Reaction score
"Custom" Rolands with vintage indigo fabric in place of the silly multi-colored headdress patch. Kinda weird/kinda cool result but thought I'd share.

Happy Friday.

IMG_2057.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In re the cork footbed, can anyone provide insight into how well this breaks in and how quickly? Specifically, I am referring to the contoured footbed which is present in at least the UTE. There's a heel cup and arch mound, neither of which exactly align with my feet. I'd need for this to flatten out for it to be suitable.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA store is having a SS19 preview this weekend. I don't think its open to the public though...

Reaction score
There’s not been much talk of AW18 on here so I’ll kick it off, just received the Sanjuro Benny Jacket which was released last Saturday. I’ve been after something like this for a while and it’s almost exactly what I wanted. I plan on taking it to the tailors for a slight alteration but overall very pleased. Will follow up with some pictures shortly. Also curious to hear if anyone else picked up something from the first release?

Emixam

Reaction score
sanjuro benny is really nice indeed, especially in the olive color. Surprised I could fit in a 3 in this, will try to kop when it hits the 2nd hand market, I don't need really need it now especially at that price. The Coach jacket is very good too, cut is very generous, but price is too expensive.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I really want from this season is the uneven dye cardigan from the look books.

I got to check out the preview today and saw some pretty cool outerwear, but a the theme of the season seems to be oversized and doesn’t suit my body shape well.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I've admired Visvim for a long time, but it's never really been sold anywhere around here so I actually haven't seen anything in person. However, that might change now that there will be a free trade agreement between the EU and Japan.

Just one question: why is it so expensive? I've seen 500 euro t-shirts online. Is everything handmade in Japan? Is it the quality of the materials? My observation is that Japanese brands tend to be super expensive in Europe compared to Japan (sometimes more than double). Is this also true for Visvim?

badeggcat

Reaction score
There is a drastic mark up in prices outside Japan. Even in Japan itself, the price point is generally higher than most Japanese brands with international recognition like Yohji and CdG. Those two do have a different aesthetics but I can’t think of another similar Japanese brand that is as recognisable. Prices have also been creeping up over the years.

Not everything is made in Japan, eg. the footwear are mostly made in China. My personal opinion is that you’re paying for the branding, design and packaging. Unlike something like Kapital’s boro pieces, you’re not going to look at it and wonder how many man hours went into the production.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads