• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
I used obenauf's on all my ****. I used to use saphir but I grew to not like it. Visvim actually puts out a shoe care kit with a cream and everything that's just re-branded saphir

I just threw a coat of Obenauf’s for the first time on my Black 7 Holes today.. should I wait 24 hours and reapply a second coat? Been reading mixed experiences online. And it’s only the leather to coat, right? Not the canvas? I did all the leather, including the toe box, lace eyelet area, heel counter, top of “tongue”, and the logo (all leather).

Nowhere did it say wait a day before wearing, but other people were saying that’s what they have done. Any thoughts guys?

Reactions: rio

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would let it dry over night. Wipe and brush with a horsehair brush after.

I do it on all leathers parts and do not use it on the canvas.

You do not need a second coat. Do NOT put on too much: that's what people do wrong the most. You only need a little bit. I use my bare fingers to apply a thin coat and then also use a horsehide dauber to make sure it gets in the little areas.

Emixam

Reaction score
For those who own or tried on the 103 and 104 jackets, those run noticeably tighter than a 101 in the same size, yeah? I've been looking at those and 102s cause I already have a few 101s.

103 is definitely a size up 1 job

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there any visvim stockists that offer a discount on your first order?
Only one I can think of is Revive but I’ve ordered from then in the past. And Notre but they don’t have my size.
Help me a cheap skate and skim ~$100 off

skenney

Reaction score
Are there any visvim stockists that offer a discount on your first order?
Only one I can think of is Revive but I’ve ordered from then in the past. And Notre but they don’t have my size.
Help me a cheap skate and skim ~$100 off

Pancho & Lefty deducts VAT and has a 20% off code if you register for the newsletter

Samer

Reaction score
Went to the Trunk Show today. Season is looking good - standouts for me were a giza cotton dotera, mud dyed nylon coach's jacket, down filled 101 (similar to the kerchief jacket but softer). Nylon thorson is making a comeback in grey and the fit is much better (less oversized) than the first release. Stand out shoes were the Grizzlies (maybe the most wearable version to date) and the Rolands with tweed/linen blend instead of the mesh. I just wish they made them without the head dress image.

Think lots of nylon, denim, and wool (there's a wool 101).

And the Douglas jacket with the dragon stitching....it is very nice. It will cost you your 4th child but it is very nice.

luza

Reaction score
Went to the Trunk Show today. Season is looking good - standouts for me were a giza cotton dotera, mud dyed nylon coach's jacket, down filled 101 (similar to the kerchief jacket but softer). Nylon thorson is making a comeback in grey and the fit is much better (less oversized) than the first release. Stand out shoes were the Grizzlies (maybe the most wearable version to date) and the Rolands with tweed/linen blend instead of the mesh. I just wish they made them without the head dress image.

Think lots of nylon, denim, and wool (there's a wool 101).

And the Douglas jacket with the dragon stitching....it is very nice. It will cost you your 4th child but it is very nice.
Thanks. Any decent footwear ?

Samer

Reaction score
Thanks. Any decent footwear ?

Top for me were the Grizzlies (dark brown, light brown, navy, black) with a low Danite Sole and suede and bison mix and the Roland Joggers with the tweed and suede mix in some warm colors. The Fall 18 Grizzlies are the most wearable version I've seen, low to the ground and mid-weight so nowhere near as heavy as the Virgils or other Grizzlies. I ordered the dark brown.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
standouts:

SKAGWAY LO - velour skags, really nice
HOLLIS HI (SIXTH MAN) - basketball leather sneaker, like a cross between pf flyer and converse
ROLAND JOGGER (VEG SUEDE) - suede + tweed, also think these are nice but wouldn't pay retail
FBT PRIME RUNNERS - new hybrid with suede + mesh on toebox of fbt
SKAGWAY HI KILTIE (ITA VEGGIE) - looks like the urushi shiny leather theyve used
HALF-DOME DUCK BOOT-FOLK - really chunky duck boots

actually didn't like the grizz at all, had frillies on the ankle and no TPU heelcap (new hiroki vibram sole)

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SUPERDENIM has a small buy up including the Grizzlies in camel.

Jahfire23

Reaction score
Please help on sizing for the yucca moc folk boat shoes. My TTS is 10. I wear a 9.5 FBT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads