• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots in front are the hilt boots, women's only right now. Boots in back look like brigadier high (its hard to tell with the blur). Which is just a hightop version of the brigadier. I love my brigadiers though, get more wear than my virgils. The dainite sole and chunky leather seem to age much better than the foam/rubber vibram.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the brigadier feel when worn in comparison to the virgil, since it doesn't have a heel stabilizer? Did you size the same?

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It wears almost identically, maybe a tad less horizontal ankle stabilization but the difference is negligible. The real change is the difference in sole composition and height. The brig sits lower to the ground than the virgil and is much lower profile, so the experience (after the boot is broken in) feels much more "grounded". They also feel more like a second skin, if that makes any sense. Sizing is the same.

925407_231571137017189_1506185256_n.jpg

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, those suede boots are so good looking :/

Charlie92

Reaction score
Visvim fanatics,

I know this is a long-shot, but I was wondering if any of you could help me identify a Visvim piece I recently picked up.

It's a shirt with a snap-on hood, 1/2 length sleeves, arrow pattern on the cuffs and collar, and patterned front pocket flaps. Any help would be awesome!

The size tag says "XL" on the front and "7" on the back.

Thanks for any and all help! I realize there's a chance this is a fake, so please give it to me straight!

Last edited:

Charlie92

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and your time -- I really appreciate it. I figured as much, but Visvim is too far out of my comfort zone for me to be sure.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any Vancouver folks want to go to the Visvim trunk show at Haven for us and do a little phototaking for the group?  If you don't have it, I can forward you the email.

Cheers,

Fok.

Pay for my ticket :^)

I will bring you back some over painted sashiko skagz

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any favorite/preferred stockist to preorder drops from?

I preordered the aw14 101 from JP_harajuku. They don't have a website or anything, they're primarily on the social networks, and I'm sure they're legit, but I'm not 100% sold on their customer service. There seems to be a lot of competition for these visvim resellers, so anyone have a favorite they have used in the past?

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the 101 in. Do you guys know if the shoulders and chest will loosen up with wear? Its pretty tight across the chest and back and the armholes are pretty damn high. It kinda ripples in the back of the neck bc it's so tight. I've tried on a bunch of stuff in a 2 and pretty sure that was my size and this one is a 2, does the 101 fit small, should I have sized up?

Last edited:

chimpskibot

Reaction score

Got the 101 in. Do you guys know if the shoulders and chest will loosen up with wear? Its pretty tight across the chest and back and the armholes are pretty damn high. It kinda ripples in the back of the neck bc it's so tight. I've tried on a bunch of stuff in a 2 and pretty sure that was my size and this one is a 2, does the 101 fit small, should I have sized up?

visvim is a fitted brand du, if it fits small it probably is your best bet is selling at a loss and buying another.

Emixam

Reaction score
it looks ok opened, I don't think you will wear it closed anyway. If you size up, sleeves might be too long. 101 fits TTS.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you in sf dbear? Welcome to try mine on. I can also send you measurements of the 3 to compare to your other outerwear

stadsvandringar

Reaction score
I tend to fluctuate between a 2 and 3 in outerwear, although I'm almost uniformly a 2 in shirts and pants. In my experience the 101 and kilgore both fit a bit slim as 2's. There's also some seasonal fluctuation in sizing. Last season's tees, for example, were much slimmer than in the past. I have last season's 101 in a 3 and it fits spot on in my opinion.

If it doesn't fit as you would prefer I would also recommend selling at a loss and going for a better fit. Not much sense in keeping a jacket that doesn't work for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads