• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samer

Reaction score
How do the denim chore jackets fit?
I used to have one of the social sculpture denim shirts in a 5 and it was too tight. Are the chore jackets bigger by any chance?

Chore jacket fits exactly the same as the 101 - true to size, if not somewhat smaller than TTS. Definitely not a big fit.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, when it looks that similar.

What could be the justification for the price of these? The hand stitching? I know the Vis prices are generally hard to swallow but these being 600 more than Vigils confounds me..

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would the 7 holes actually hold up to military training? I’ve got reservist training coming up in a couple of months. Like would they hold up to tank drills and whatnots. Slightly tempted to use my black senses but also concerned that they’ll get fucked

Austo

Reaction score
Would the 7 holes actually hold up to military training? I’ve got reservist training coming up in a couple of months. Like would they hold up to tank drills and whatnots. Slightly tempted to use my black senses but also concerned that they’ll get fucked
lmao is this serious? theyre fashion boots they'll get wrecked.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Semi serious lol. Bit lazy to get a pair of proper ones so if my laziness and foolishness get ahead of me I’ll just use the vims, will document if I do go ahead. 1k and I can’t mount Leopards?? Hiroki please.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do it for posterity. They’ll probably get wrecked but who knows. I used Virgil’s for many years doing really tough stuff—farm work, very long hikes, etc. definitely didn’t treat them like fashion boots. The only reason I had to retire them is I accidentally filled them with swamp muck and the smell never went away.

someone13

Reaction score
What could be the justification for the price of these? The hand stitching? I know the Vis prices are generally hard to swallow but these being 600 more than Vigils confounds me..
I would not buy them at a retail price.In thebureaubelfast they are cheaper, than Virgils.
Just buy red wings imo
Wings look ugly.Of course, for my taste

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About to fold on some 7-hole folks.
I can't find all blacks so it's either beige or olive, leaning toward olive.

Chore jacket fits exactly the same as the 101 - true to size, if not somewhat smaller than TTS. Definitely not a big fit.
Thanks, too bad...

chiggah

Reaction score
Is there a way to legit check a Visvim backpack ? D5F271BFD63A48AEAC78EC4D1806077B.jpg 62B27B6F18BF43289E6F197536512469.jpg 7058FBFD550641359CF56F49B6A1F278.jpg image4 (1).jpeg image3 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

dood1e

Reaction score
Does anyone own the iris liner jacket?
In terms of warmth, how well does it do? In comparison to lets say a coreloft insulator.
Also, does it fit TTS?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iris is warm, but not that warm. I'd say maybe a tad less than a primaloft insulator. It fits about half a size small as its meant to be a liner. If you are an ectomorph with skinny shoulders tts probably fine, otherwise id go a size up. I used to have a 3 and went to a 4, and its much more comfortable to wear. The arms are kinda cropped so they don't stick outta jacket sleeves which is annoying unless you wear as an inner layer.

Emixam

Reaction score
Is there a way to legit check a Visvim backpack ?
100% fake
suede is supposed to be waxed on that iteration, and none of the trim.color is matching. that is one of the most faked on taobao

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit, NVM its fake. See below. I have the same iteration in black purchased from Japan and I compared, its very similar from what I can tell. It was a spring 2014 spot release: https://hypebeast.com/2014/2/visvim-2014-spring-summer-ballistic-collection

The button snaps are fake. They are not distressed like the real version which is primarily gold with dirty effect. The fake ones are more brass. It also looks like the trimmings they used are mismatched. Navy should be color matched but it looks like they used a generic grey (probably across multiple fake colors)

Real snaps should be more gold vs the model you shared:

Real:
visvim-Ballistic-20L-BLUE-4_large.jpg

821103_mrp_cu_l.jpg

Fake:

image1-1-jpeg.908703

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads