1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Samer

Samer Active Member

Chore jacket fits exactly the same as the 101 - true to size, if not somewhat smaller than TTS. Definitely not a big fit.

2. takashi78

takashi78 Senior Member

3. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

What could be the justification for the price of these? The hand stitching? I know the Vis prices are generally hard to swallow but these being 600 more than Vigils confounds me..

4. drmmr

drmmr Distinguished Member

Would the 7 holes actually hold up to military training? I’ve got reservist training coming up in a couple of months. Like would they hold up to tank drills and whatnots. Slightly tempted to use my black senses but also concerned that they’ll get fucked

5. Austo

Austo Active Member

lmao is this serious? theyre fashion boots they'll get wrecked.

6. drmmr

drmmr Distinguished Member

Semi serious lol. Bit lazy to get a pair of proper ones so if my laziness and foolishness get ahead of me I’ll just use the vims, will document if I do go ahead. 1k and I can’t mount Leopards?? Hiroki please.

7. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Do it for posterity. They’ll probably get wrecked but who knows. I used Virgil’s for many years doing really tough stuff—farm work, very long hikes, etc. definitely didn’t treat them like fashion boots. The only reason I had to retire them is I accidentally filled them with swamp muck and the smell never went away.

8. someone13

someone13 Member

I would not buy them at a retail price.In thebureaubelfast they are cheaper, than Virgils.
    Wings look ugly.Of course, for my taste

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

About to fold on some 7-hole folks.
    I can't find all blacks so it's either beige or olive, leaning toward olive.

Thanks, too bad...

10. chiggah

chiggah Senior Member

Is there a way to legit check a Visvim backpack ? D5F271BFD63A48AEAC78EC4D1806077B.jpg 62B27B6F18BF43289E6F197536512469.jpg 7058FBFD550641359CF56F49B6A1F278.jpg image4 (1).jpeg image3 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

11. dood1e

dood1e Member

Does anyone own the iris liner jacket?
    In terms of warmth, how well does it do? In comparison to lets say a coreloft insulator.
    Also, does it fit TTS?

12. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

Iris is warm, but not that warm. I'd say maybe a tad less than a primaloft insulator. It fits about half a size small as its meant to be a liner. If you are an ectomorph with skinny shoulders tts probably fine, otherwise id go a size up. I used to have a 3 and went to a 4, and its much more comfortable to wear. The arms are kinda cropped so they don't stick outta jacket sleeves which is annoying unless you wear as an inner layer.

13. Emixam

Emixam Senior Member

100% fake
    suede is supposed to be waxed on that iteration, and none of the trim.color is matching. that is one of the most faked on taobao

14. chiggah

chiggah Senior Member