1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

2. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

Second and last two ones [​IMG]

3. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Man, I think those brigadiers look really good. Might have to get a pair. Which one is that? Camel? Is it suede?

Also, anyone know if those "hilt" boots will be made for men next year, or did that ss15 trunk show include the women's line?

4. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Brigadier boots are the fw13 camel pair. Hilt boots are wmv only, no rumored release for mens or anything. Honestly the brigadier has a very similar last compared to the hilt, probably will look the same on.

1 person likes this.
  5. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior member

mies coat is so sick

2 people like this.
  6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Round 2, got another pair of virgils in this time in sand and in an 8 to follow Fycus' sizing advice and I have to say these fit a lot better. Like the lt. Brown color marginally better but these will do

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    6 people like this.
  7. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Got lucky and came across a pair of mismarked fall 2014 brigadiers for 30% off. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    7 people like this.
  8. palma

palma Senior member

Considering picking up a pair of fbt for the first time. From my reading I think my size is 9.5

My other sizes for reference: CP 42 (snug to start), 43 Margiela, 41 Balenciaga Arena (perfect fit), 10 Jordans. I have above average width feet so I sometimes size up for width. I was told to size down 1 for fbt, but I am only going half due to the width issue. Your input is much appreciated.

Also this is the specific pair I am thinking of.

[​IMG]

The shape of the ones above looks really irregular/awkward compared to other fbt like these below?

[​IMG]

Do they take better shape with wear or something?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  9. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

I had a pair similar to the one you're considering, bought them back in 2006 or 2007. They look great when worn and are very comfortable, my only issue was my pair only lasted 8 months before the entire sole came off [​IMG]

10. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

the first pair is made in China the second style is the made in Japan model. the silhouette is actually much nicer on the China model and generally speaking the quality is also better. They size the same, and you are correct you would be a 9 or 9.5

11. palma

palma Senior member

Where were they made? Sole repair? If not what did you do. Scary to hear that on such an expensive product? Has quality come along with prices over the years?

Also, is my thinking on sizing correct? Perhaps less relevant since sizing scale may have significantly changed.

Hmm...so the China ones are better than Japan. That's a bit unexpected. Go with 9.5 then to be safe? Since I am in Canada it's not easy to exchange a pair. May I ask your sizes for reference?

Do models names like Llamo and shaman correspond with the silhouette specifically or other elements of design?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  12. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Stop asking the same questions that are asked over and over again. Yes, sizing is about right I already said you can do tts or half down with fbt. While I have no problem with helping people out here invest some time in the thread or elsewhere, your answers are there. Lhamo and shaman are same shoe regardless of manufacturing origin however shaman has a tasseled flap rather than a wholecut flap like the lhamos. Origin is irrelevant, they will add jp to the name if made in jp, however jp models only use the sole I pointed out already.

13. palma

palma Senior member

I only repeated my question to the other member not you. I wasn't sure if you meant '9 or 9.5' as in not sure or if it didn't matter either way. See context can sometimes get lost in e-communications so that is why i was checking. I read this thread and a few others. While I agree with this whole 'I don't want to spoon feed you attitude' but I did my research before posing those questions. On another forum, after I posted a member told me the sizing varies on the the two type of shoes he owns. So yes they are the same shoe in that they are moccasin sneaker made of suede cowhide, but it seems there are material differences including the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the info either way. Now, smile ...don't ya know BK chicken fries are back.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  14. GreatHighway

my geo patchwork FBTs were made in china. although every JP model uses that sole not every shoe with that sole is a JP model. lhamos only come with the running shoe type sole whereas shaman indicates the existence of the frayed shield which is available on either silhouette and also on the bear foot model

15. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

As I had said before. Also, they have the lhamo in both sole types for fbt.

lhamo fbt folk

[​IMG]

lhamo fbt jp

[​IMG]

16. GreatHighway

I'm fairly certain the second shoe you posted doesn't include the term lhamo in its title. visvim has been known to vary its labeling by region, though. I have that bottom pair btw :slayer:

17. palma

palma Senior member

\

Also just noticed that first pair is Made in Japan not China.

18. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Not as far as I know, unless there was a period where they switched production but didn't change the naming. The black leather laces make sense as jp release

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  19. SnowyAcres

SnowyAcres Active Member

holding it down in here Mike

20. Vascht

Vascht Member

I have a noragi and just went to my tailor to get the sleeve seams let out and was surprised to see the fraying within the seams themselves. Is this normal?