1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Visvim Shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by WatchGuy, Jun 1, 2009.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Damn how times have changed. Visvim tripled quadrupled their prices in two years

2. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quadrupled? That would be a 400% increase in price. In reality the same exact products have gone up about 25% over the past two years.

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Your first post in this thread says all of Visvim shoes are 325 to 500. I recall folks on tbs going for a grand plus. I guess they used to be 500. Still double plus and not 25%

4. kiya

What i meant by "shoes" was sneakers and shoes.. boots are an entirely different story and have always cost more than $500. Also keep in mind that over the past two years (that original post was 3 years ago) Visvim has really stepped up the types of materials it's using with wild dyed fabrics and exotic leathers being used on almost every shoe over $400.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I see. I can't even do math. 3 years is what I meant

Didn't they used to be made in Japan tho? Or has it always been Korean? I've been fiending for a pair of folks for year and years but every year they become more and more unaffordable.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  6. kiya

I don't believe they were ever made in Japan, i have pairs from 6 or 7 years ago which are made in Korea.
    Really nobody makes sneakers in Japan, 95% of Japanese brands which make sneakers make them in China or Korea. Flat Head is one of the only brands i can think of who's sneakers are 100% made in Japan.

7. rmc

rmc Well-Known Member

Didn't realized they moved production to China. I guess I was actually wondering about the older serra models. I saw a pair of older visvim x fragment serras for sale and I'm not sure if I should make the dive, even tho they look heavy/clunky. They would be my first pair of visvims. hey kiya i know u have an eye for attention to detail, whats your take on serra quality and comfort?

8. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

Serras are chunky by design. They are comfortable. I use them for hiking :embar:

9. superego

superego Senior member

Best places to find Visvim boots at this point? Looking for any in black leather (not suede) since I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for yet.

10. kiya

There aren't many choices. You have two main resources:
    1. http://store.unionlosangeles.com/collections/visvim
    2. http://visvim.tv (then get a proxy to buy them for you at a FIL store in Japan)

11. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

12. HEB4

HEB4 Member