1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Visvim Poll

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LelandJ, Feb 19, 2014.

Rate this general model of Visvims

1. 1. Grail

13 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. 2. Awesome

15 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. 3. Good

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. 4. Serviceable

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. 5. Ugly

18 vote(s)
    19.6%
  6. 6. Burn it. I hope I never see this online or IRL again.

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I personally like to know who likes or dislikes specific clothing or footwear but as we witness there are many posters on sensitive forum who get offended by others' opinions and we end up with lots of bickering. Naturally this results in many never posting their opinions about items others are buying or wearing.

I think a good way to prevent hurt feelings is to do polls where the vote is anonymous. This way we can find out what the SF consensus or majority is, assuming there is one, on items that people are buying and wearing.

I created a six option rating system others can use as a template or modify to their own liking on other items.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Because FBT's are representative of the brand as a whole? We're going to make a thread like this for every single item of clothing?

1 person likes this.
  3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Making a thread about visvim should be heretical

The only fair judgement

Is exile

4. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

A dedicated thread poll only for the specific items you want to learn how SF really views them.

5. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

[​IMG]

Should've used this.

6. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

Haven't seen that before. I chose the shoes because they've been talked about a lot and I believe it was also a point of impetus for the recent meltdowns.

So far votes 1 to 4 are split evenly with 5 and 6. Little disappointed more people haven't voted.

7. whipstitch

whipstitch Well-Known Member

8. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Oh thanks Leland, I LOVE visvim. [​IMG]

9. Watashidake

Watashidake Senior member

I'm really glad that "Burn it. I hope I never see this online or IRL again" leading the poll, fuck Visvim at this point

1 person likes this.
  10. einstine

einstine Senior member

Got to be some of the worst FBT models to put up.

11. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

Yours didn't look the same?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  12. einstine

einstine Senior member

Nah, I got this model.
    [​IMG]

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Did not know that FBT sorta stands for Fun Boy Three, bc the shoes were inspired by Terry Hall's moccs:

[​IMG]

14. einstine

einstine Senior member

15. Max13

Max13 Active Member

Anybody know if http://suitsense.com is legit?

Do they sell real visvim?

I sent them an email asking why their prices were at a lower price, this was their response:

"Thank you for your email.

Our visvim items are from visvim Tokyo FIL stores. All items are authentic.
    Visvim is selling their stuff cheaper within Japan. The items are available to other countries, but with different price. Please refer to the visvim official web store.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Seth M.
    SUITSENSE LTD"

I then searched for their store on visvim.tv and found nothing, so emailed them back and got this response:

We are not list on visvim.tv as a dealer yet, but we do have partnership with Tokyo local F.I.L Store and DSM Store.

Our visvim items are all authentic.

PS: We are on Instagram: suitsense.

Cheers,

Seth
    SUITSENSE"

Their Instagram is pretty generic and has been active since early April '14, though they have responses from potential customers, interactions etc.

Anybody made a purchase from them before? Thanks all, I don't want to make a +500 purchase if the items are not authentic. Worse, if its scam.

16. DanW

DanW New Member

I do the SEO for SUITSENSE. My name is Daniel.

The company is registered in Canada and comprises 3 people. (Try doing an internet scam in Canada and see how long you last!)

We are also on shopify. A very large and legitimate site. If we had complaints from customers, our site would be revoked.

The owner frequently travels to Japan and the reason why the inventory is light compared to rivals like ssense is because we inspect everything beforehand.

We will never sacrifice reputation for cheap/damaged/fake/bad products.

We have hundreds of customers across the world. We also get close to 6000 unique visitors per month.

To be a licensed supplier for Visvim, you have to have been in business for about 7-10 years and reach a certain number of sales.

Come back in a decade if you are waiting for that and for prices to be about 15-25% higher. (When you are paying those extra fees for a full time staff so you can feel safer)

We have low operational costs (everyone involved has a full time job) which is why we can undersell the competition.

Mainly we do it out of love for high quality Japanese fashion and like to stay connected.

This response is WAY too late but if you are looking to get your hands on some of the brilliance of Hiroki Nakamura, SUITSENSE is as legitimate as every other supplier (they just cost less, sorry about that!)

You wrote:

Anybody know if http://suitsense.com is legit?

Do they sell real visvim?

I sent them an email asking why their prices were at a lower price, this was their response:

Our visvim items are from visvim Tokyo FIL stores. All items are authentic.
    Visvim is selling their stuff cheaper within Japan. The items are available to other countries, but with different price. Please refer to the visvim official web store.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Seth M.
    SUITSENSE LTD"

I then searched for their store on visvim.tv and found nothing, so emailed them back and got this response:

We are not list on visvim.tv as a dealer yet, but we do have partnership with Tokyo local F.I.L Store and DSM Store.

Our visvim items are all authentic.

PS: We are on Instagram: suitsense.

Cheers,

Seth
    SUITSENSE"

Their Instagram is pretty generic and has been active since early April '14, though they have responses from potential customers, interactions etc.

Anybody made a purchase from them before? Thanks all, I don't want to make a +500 purchase if the items are not authentic. Worse, if its scam.

17. Negeurra

Negeurra New Member

Bought 2 tees from Suitsense but never got them. Sent a dozen emails and messaged them on Insta but nv any replies. Wasted 400$.

18. HEB4

HEB4 Member

DO NOT USE SUITSENSE DO NOT USE SUITSENSE FAKE FAKE FAKE