1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Visiting Seattle

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by karmaguy, Apr 6, 2011.

1. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

So I'll be in Seattle this Saturday, any recommendations for must see places? I'll definitely be hitting up Barney, Blackbird and Pike's Place, but what else is recommended?

Thanks!

2. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

3. dawei94

dawei94 Well-Known Member

You could visit Jay (Blue Owl) in Bellevue

4. seaslugs

seaslugs Member

It's Pike Place. Sorry, but it bothers me, haha. Seattle is mainly a food city, downtown Seattle and Ballard are full of great places. A favorite of mine is Steelhead Diner, next to Pike Place Market. If you want to go full tourist mode, you can visit the Space Needle and visit the Restaurant up there, which may be cool depending on where you're from. The Restaurant has a nice view, but the food is meh. What is cool though, is Ride the Ducks, which is an amphibious tour. You should really try it. http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/ Oh, and Bellevue has Blue Owl Workshop.

5. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Make sure to hit the Filson showroom in SODO (south of downtown). Also the Field House in Ballard (Blackbird's workwear Americana spinoff).

6. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Member

The Barneys sucks, Butch Blum carries margiela.

7. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

If you're looking for denim or other clothing from Japan, I would second Blue Owl Workshop as well. I stopped by there a couple weeks ago and Jay was great in recommending jeans for me to try on.

8. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

[​IMG] Grab some world famous cuban sandwiches at Paseo.

9. Jayhawk1412

Jayhawk1412 Senior member

So I'll be in Seattle this Saturday, any recommendations for must see places? I'll definitely be hitting up Barney, Blackbird and Pike's Place, but what else is recommended?

Thanks!

You looking for food? shopping? or just anything cool?

DO NOT do the Ride the Ducks tour. Unless you want to look like a dumbass, singing and embarrassing yourself throughout all of DT Seattle. Haha

Check out Ian on 1st ave up the street from Pike Place. Some pretty cool pieces there.

When you're at Pike Place, get a fish sandwich at the standup bar on the south end of Pike Place. So fresh, and so good.

If you want to check out some nightlife I'd recommend Black Bottle in Belltown, Pesos in Queen Anne, Havana in Capitol Hill. Tons of other suggestions, but I have no clue which neighborhood you'll be stayin in.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Skip clothing, get some cuban sandwiches and fish sandwiches as mentioned

11. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Jack Straw Filaments
    1117 1st Ave
    Easily one of the best menswear shops in SEA

THEN ZOMG GO TO THE 1ST STARBUCKS EVER

12. robin

robin Senior member

The Barneys sucks, Butch Blum carries margiela.
    Barney's Seattle now has MMM. And Ian is no longer good.

13. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

And Ian is no longer good.

This is true.

Seriously just eat, drink and photograph your way through Seattle. There's decent shopping but its all spread- out (Blackbird, Barneys, Field House, Jack Straw, Butch Blum).

14. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Go to The Cuff or Pony for a good time.