• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visiting Köln / Düsseldorf

wilhelm

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm off to Essen, Germany, tomorrow afternoon to attend a fair just outside the city centre. I'll spend Thursday, Friday and Sunday there, but intend to drop by Düsseldorf and/or Köln on Saturday to be a tourist and go shopping. Are there any interesting and stylish shops there I shouldn't miss?

I live in Norway, where there are very few interesting stores, so almost anything is if interest.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know about the stores but it's a great city. I've been there 3 times. Have fun.

Siggy

Reaction score
Besides the Dom (cathedral) and the riverside in nice weather, Koeln does not have much to offer IMO. The city is rather ugly, and most of the shopping is limited to overpriced fashion stuff. Duesseldorf is a nicer city for tourist purposes and has one big shopping street (Koenigsallee).

Tcameron

Reaction score
I'll be there this weekend! I'll keep an eye out for the aformentioned places. However - driving is the purpose of this visit.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Do some searches. There was a thread once about the most amazing little store in Dusseldorf that had phenomenal prices. I looked once and couldn't find it, but you may have more luck.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tcameron
I'll be there this weekend! I'll keep an eye out for the aformentioned places. However - driving is the purpose of this visit.
Like this?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score
ja - stay away from köln and visit düsseldorf !

königsallee - one of the best addresses for shopping in germany. top brands etc.
bastionsstrasse - independent designer brands.
carlsplatz - fine regional cuisine
altstadt - bars in Kurze Str. (Cubanitos or Melody Bar)

have fun.

altstadt1to7.png

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My youth orchestra went there in the early 80s. Good fun.

I don't particularly like beer, but the Altbier is a Dusseldorf speciality. Schlosser Alt and Gatzweiler were two of the better-known brands then, but things will likely have evolved.

The Konigsallee was known then for slightly outrÃ
00a9.png
ladies' fashions. I would imagine that they have luxury goods to suit all tastes.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
There's a great men's store in Cologne with Kiton and reasonable prices...I will try to find the name.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really think the Kölner Dom is worth a visit. And there's also the Lindt chocolate museum/factory on a small island just off the western bank of the river. That was a fun stop, and surprisingly interesting.

wilhelm

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. (c:

*runs to catch the airport train*

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I prefer Cologne to DDorf!
The Kiton store is located in Richartzstraße, very close to the museum of applied arts.
Several stores (Franz Sauer, Herkenrath and Flüss&Fischer) worth visiting are located around Kolpingplatz, I'm sure anyone in Cologne will be able to help you finding it (it's a walk of 10-15minutes from the Dom as far as I remeber).
The most interesting things there would probably be Attolini and Saint Crispins at FLüss&Fischer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads