1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Visiting Chicago

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by CanuckBassist, Aug 5, 2012.

1. colabear

colabear Senior member

the best tasting food tend to look unappealing though because the focus is on the flavor. In that case, the crust that is crispy on the outside soft and springy in the inside that sucks in all the flavor of the simple and flavorful meat- tomato sauce topped with warm melted cheese doesn't sound so bad. Have you not been to exotic places? Because I'm afraid that you will starve if you go to one.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. colabear

colabear Senior member

For a more bang for your buck type of deal, I also recommend going to this Brazilian steakhouse buffet called Brazzaz. 35$ serves you all can eat steaks of 15 variety of cuts, other meats like grilled shrimps, lamb, sausages, pork & chicken, it's a meat fest. And you also get a good selection from the salad bar and the hot bar. They also bring you warm cheese bread and fried plantains on your table. The perfect side for the steaks I would say is the mushroom truffled-risotto it's finger licking sooooo gooood : )

Right now at the Nordstrom Rack Chicago Ave. location, they have a lot of Thom Browne coats and knits, Jil Sander and Raf Simmons pieces all red tag marked down!!

and there is another great place I would recommend, but I prefer to keep it a secret : )

3. colabear

colabear Senior member

double post

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I went to one of those Brazilian churascarias once. Once.

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

You can get Brazilian barbecue anywhere. There is nothing special about it in Chicago. If you want meat, I think you're better off going to one of the non-chain steakhouses.

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

+1 for Great Lakes Pizza... though I think it's more difficult for someone that doesn't live in the area and can't just take it to go as there's only like 6 tables at the restaurant

Also, for Hot Doug's - don't even think about it if it's a weekend day, there'll be an hour (if not more) wait.

Other recommendations - Longman & Eagle, Lula's,

7. ac21686

ac21686 Well-Known Member

Great Lakes and Spacca Napoli are both much better than any of the Chicago deep dish places.