• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VISA Rightcliq special promotion - April 12 - May 22 - support our development

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All, We've been chosen by VISA as one of five websites for a special preview of their VISA Rightcliq software, which allows you to add items from different websites to a wishlist, and purchase them easily using credit card information that is stored in a secure location. The link to install the software is here. There is no charge to use the software, and it can be removed at any time. www.rightcliqbyvisa.com/styleforum VISA would like us to encourage our readers to sign up via our link (see directly above), and to give candid feedback on the software in this link. Styleforum does not provide third parties personal information without explicit permission, as you all know. VISA is really interested in making this software a success. As an extra incentive, you can enter a sweepstake for a $250 gift certificate each week. Since the promotion is limited to 5 websites, your chances are pretty decent. The proceeds from this special promotion will go towards much needed development to make this a better place for all of you (no more Mantonian lags!), so we'd appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to download the software, try it out for a bit, and give some feedback. Cheers, Fok.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm actually going to give it a go. Dunno if i'll put in my credit card info and use it in that sense but a way to organize is nice. I'm sick of having a bookmarked folder as i always lose links. Will let you guys know how i like it. If i'm not allowed to post in here, sorry. Just delete it, fok

chronoaug

Reaction score
Ok. I downloaded and only used it for 1 yoox item and a supermarket item so far as i saw a link i wanted to save and not forget (will probably not do more online shopping at the moment). I already posted a little feedback in their support/feedback/community thing to see how their response time and customer service and just how their people interact with customer ideas/question.

Thoughts on the thing so far:

- The concept is really good. Most of us online shop a lot and it's safe to say that most of us are more thoughtful shoppers than impulse people. We see an item we kinda like but want to think about it a bit more.

- The wishlist page itself could use some work. It's very "cool" looking with the flash browser and zooming and stuff. However, i think i could be a bit cleaner and easier for thoughtful shoppers
1- I already posted this there but i wish on the main wishlist screen it would read a 2word nickname for the item and price. It currently does but only if you rollover the item box which isn't a huge deal but i want to be able to just sit back and look at like 15 things at once and take all the info in. Not a big deal though.

- Not all webstores work in terms of pictures. It'll always save the link but the item picture on your wishlist will just be a blank box which sucks. Yoox doesn't really work for this because of the way they setup their page. I imagine other sites that use flash and not just embedded .img tags will be a bit off at times.
1- I suggested this already but there really needs to be a way to just copy/paste, or some other way to add your own picture or more support for websites like yoox, thecorner, or other sites with weird interfaces. Being able to add your own pic would be nice especially for sites with multiple pictures of an item and you want a specific one.

- The fact that it works for supermarket/buy&sell is a huuugggeee plus for me. You can ask gosurface that i always have a big folder of threads i bookmark but then never really go back and look at them and just clean it out once ever 3-4 months. You can only save 1 image so it doesn't work if you like 8 items in the thread (would have to do each item) but definitely nice for that.

- It does take like 4 different clicks to get to the item link which bugged me at first but it's not that big a deal. Would like to be able to quickly just mousebutton click or something but understand visa needs a "warning you are entering a non-visa site" kinda thing.

- I like the "cluster" idea that you can group items. So as i use this more (if i do. i'm lazy and haven't bought clothes in forever) I can have different clusters for boots, outerwear, jeans, etc... or do it buy price levels.

- One thing that is fun only if other guys on the forum join is the getting friends opinion. You can send your friend an item and ask their opinion. You can have them look at an item or a cluster. I think you just email them and it sends them an email with the info which isn't that great but i'm hoping in the future there is user2user interaction made easy to where it Jet, Gosurface, asobu, etc... are members i can just click their name and it shows up on their rightcliq main page or something. Maybe even making it like facebook/myspace where your friends can look at your wishlist and leave comments on clusters or items like people leave comments on facebook pics. Would be a good way for fashion friends to keep up with what the other person is thinking about and can post real stuff like "those boots are pretty cool, alex. would go well with the looks you do or would be awesome with some darker drapier sweats" or even stuff like "don't buy those, they fall apart", "they fit big, size down 2" or even "OMG. that's so awesome. KOOPPPPPPPP"

Overall, it's interesting. Not sure i'd use the fast action credit card feature as it doesn't seem really necessary. Luckily you do not have to enter any credit card or address information to use the other functions

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
i won't use it because it doesn't even support safari on Mac OS X. wtf. its 2010. apple has over 10% market share. visa needs to get with the ******* program.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is still a beta type thing and are trying to get more kinks worked out but you're right. Probably should get osx kinks out at the same time. Maybe they didn't want to invest too much into it if they were just going to can it after the first year. Still kinda silly. Too bad as if they did make some facebook like features i wanted you to be my shopping buddy
frown.gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
i won't use it because it doesn't even support safari on Mac OS X. wtf. its 2010. apple has over 10% market share. visa needs to get with the ******* program.
Yeah, among the unwashed college hipster demographic. Too bad you can't buy PBR and ironic moustache tattoos on Amazon or else they'd make a killing in this market.
bounce2.gif

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Yeah, among the unwashed college hipster demographic. Too bad you can't buy PBR and ironic moustache tattoos on Amazon or else they'd make a killing in this market.
bounce2.gif

facepalm.gif

wow. the amount of facepalm action stemming from this statement is incomprehensible.

is there brain activity in there??
tinfoil.gif

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you

No support for Chrome or Opera either. Too bad, it sounds like a nice system.

Reaction score
Really appreciate the detailed feedback. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Originally Posted by chronoaug
Ok. I downloaded and only used it for 1 yoox item and a supermarket item so far as i saw a link i wanted to save and not forget (will probably not do more online shopping at the moment). I already posted a little feedback in their support/feedback/community thing to see how their response time and customer service and just how their people interact with customer ideas/question.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I'd give this a try but I don't have Visa.

Yeah, Final Cut is pretty much the only reason I have a Mac.

Hi there - there's actually no restriction on the type of payment cards you may store within your Rightcliq account.

You can store any Visa payment products in Rightcliq, but Rightcliq will also allow you to store MasterCard, American Express, Discover, other card brands CONFIRM, merchant store cards, prepaid, and gift cards.

Here are some FAQ's that may help:
https://rightcliq.visa.com/ECSWebApp...s.go#general-4
https://rightcliq.visa.com/ECSWebApp...ount-mycards-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads