• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viola Milano - Horrible Experience - resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.

unprocessed

Reaction score
UPDATE: Due to a misunderstanding, this has been fully resolved

I purchased a tie from Viola Milano in early March. Obviously, delivery got derailed by the pandemic, but Viola Milano’s customer service has been terrible since they re-opened. Over the last month, they have come up with different excuses on why they haven’t shipped the tie and have repeatedly claimed they will ship out the tie express the next day. They’ve now gone silent for days after my latest email politely asking for the status and a tracking number after their latest promise to ship express the following day with an emailed tracking number. I’ve filed a ”did not receive” claim with PayPal and will hopefully get a refund soon, but wanted to make members aware of the sketchy and poor customer service of VM. They offer some great fabric designs, but so do the vast majority of other well regarded tie makers that also excellent customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:

unprocessed

Reaction score
I don't want an apology, I just want a refund. Of course I completely understand delays given the situation across the world, but it's inexcusable to keep misleading a customer and never ship the product. Buyer beware.

March 18
FD285DF1-DEA7-43C0-9E93-863A9EE2E296.jpeg

April 9
9CF71D19-D2AC-4041-A775-74EE42F07A29.jpeg

April 22
8C6AF220-8464-4FFF-A38B-96DBDE46FE15.jpeg

May 11
C206D099-C506-4C59-A311-CFB3EED237CB.jpeg

May 18
969D9676-514F-4BE5-8AE7-F00DCC3A4DAD.jpeg

unprocessed

Reaction score
UPDATE: As some others have noted, Viola Milano has a new customer service team, and they went above and beyond in reaching out to me and asking for another chance to earn their business. My latest order went very smoothly and shipped out within a day. I'm glad they’ve addressed their customer service because they have a very solid selection of tie fabrics.

IlyaK

Reaction score
I purchased a tie from Viola Milano in early March. Obviously, delivery got derailed by the pandemic, but Viola Milano’s customer service has been terrible since they re-opened. Over the last month, they have come up with different excuses on why they haven’t shipped the tie and have repeatedly claimed they will ship out the tie express the next day. They’ve now gone silent for days after my latest email politely asking for the status and a tracking number after their latest promise to ship express the following day with an emailed tracking number. I’ve filed a ”did not receive” claim with PayPal and will hopefully get a refund soon, but wanted to make members aware of the sketchy and poor customer service of VM. They offer some great fabric designs, but so do the vast majority of other well regarded tie makers that also excellent customer service.
Hi, just wanted to see if you managed tosolve the issue. Have the same problem now. Should have read your post earlier)

IlyaK

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to see if you managed tosolve the issue. Have the same problem now. Should have read your post earlier)

talkhot

Reaction score

Hi IlyaK, Very curios if you got your tie in the end and how much the delay turend out? I've ordered a (bespoke) tie 7 weeks ago and I really hope they solved there delivery issues :). I don't mind waiting (is that not what classic mens wear is about, patience) as long as kind of clear how long. I don't like the feeling not knowing if something arrives and the urge needing to chase after an order.

Last edited:

(qp)

Reaction score
Hello forum readers, I can absolutely confirm the very bad experience. I am waiting months now for the order to be completed. They have sent a parcial deliver in the meantime, probably to keep me quiet for a while, but the service is really the worst I have ever experienced. Many mails (you can only contact them by mail) are being ignored. First the same lies as above, then no info at all. Never again

Reactions: ONM

MikeTrent

Reaction score
I can confirm also it is a bad experience. When he ships the products it is usually weeks or months after the order was placed. Sometimes he doesn't even ship and does not respond to emails. And when he does reply, it is some fake excuse. So buyer beware...So save yourself the headache.

LongGoneDay

Reaction score
One order I recieved fast, but the next order, on a shirt that was "in stock" before I ordered never arrived to me. I was never sent a tracking link, it was I who always had to contact VM. It took 2 months for a refund of the money and many e-mails. Some were replied to and some was ignored.

It is a shame since VM could have been so much better...

Tiernanpryan

Reaction score
Dear SIr,

Hope all is well!

We processing about 100 orders every single day only for the tie department online, and we are not aware about this story or case. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience and would like to apologize if something went wrong.

Could you please contact us today at [email protected] so we could solve this matter?

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,

Viola Milano
I

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed a custom order for 3 ties and am having problems. They told me the ties would be ready within 4 weeks and I email them after that and they say ready to ship this Friday. I wait until the following week and ask them for tracking info and they say its shipped and fedex will contact me with that info. Another week and I ask again and no reply. I finally place an inquiry through Paypal and they immediately reply saying the shipment stopped because of my inquiry and all this. I asked for a tracking number and no reply on that. I told them I wanted the ties but wanted tracking info but there refuse. They accuse me of wanting the product but not paying for it-I paid already.

Is this normal for them to react like this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads