1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage YSL balzer from Resurrection

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by haoshcn, Dec 2, 2004.

1. haoshcn

haoshcn Member

I strongly recommend Resurrection, a vintage store in New York.  Although it's mostly a women store, it does have some men's items.  I bought a vintage YSL blazer on Monday, and I like it so much.  I paid only about 140 dollars for this blazer.  I don't know how old it is exactly, but it should be at least 25-30 years old judging for the cutting and style.  After all that's just my guess since I don't really have much knowlege about fashion of 30 years ago in either Europe or the US.  What really matters is that it fits me so perfectly and I really love those vintage-looking YSL logo embossed buttons.  To me, this is really a gem.

There was also a small-sized pale-green Fendi short-sleeved sweater when I was there.  The chest is covered by Fendi logo.  It looks very nice too.  But there are just too many fake Fendi stuff all around, I just worry that everybody will think it's fake when an un-richman-looking young man like me wears it, so I didn't buy it.  

The other item I like a lot is a Pierre Cardin wool suits.  I can't remember exactly what's the pattern, but it should be some sort of brown-beige stripes.  Unfortunately it doesn't fit me.  

I don't know much about the vintage market of NYC, maybe there are some even much better vintage stores around the town, but to me this is a quite decent one.  I will defintely visit it again the next time when I go to NYC for vacation.

2. Eric

Eric Senior Member

Damn, I got a vintage YSL blazer for $3.00 at a thrift shop down here that fits me perfect. [​IMG] Eric

3. Eric

Eric Senior Member

I have no clue as to weather or not mine is couture or licensed.  But I honestly don't care, it fits very well and looks great with a peach colored dress shirt I have, and a pair of Elvis style sunglasses with peach lens'.

Eric