1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

vintage work pants

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cheapmutha, May 10, 2006.

1. stach

stach Senior member

Not sure what is going on here, but take any personal grievances, if there are any, to PM please guys. Thanks.

Fok.

They didn't introduce that type of care tag into clothing until about the mid eighties. I was giving cheapmutha a chance to respond on his own.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Unless he comes on and specifically says, "Yea I wanted to rip him off," then I'm giving cheap the benefit of the doubt. There was some full-page discussion about these on Superfuture, and Paul T (a respected source) made some comments about them, saying they were a rare find, perhaps pre-1900s... etc. And from my understanding, the ensuing trade was very quick happening. I seriously doubt anything malicious occured here.

3. stach

stach Senior member

I don't follow Superfuture. My original thought about these pants was that they were made by a company that makes clothing for historical reenactors. They look good, but another clue would have been the waist and inseam as people were so much smaller 100 years ago.

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

ok... i wasnt trying to rip anyone off. i didnt know what i had, posted the pics, and that was that. ill look it up but i think i said on superfuture that the tag said machine wash. i took them to a vintage shop and the woman who ran it said that she had never seen anything like them, and she couldnt place them. she said they were old, and actually advised me to not trade for the redlines. nothing here was malicious.

5. stach

stach Senior member

I'm glad we have everything cleared up.

6. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

hey guys. i am not in the least bit mad. like i said, they are unique and i am holding on to them. the denim is very thick and in good condition. plus, they fit me pretty well (unlike the redlines i traded), so i'm not complaining. cheap mofo is a buddy of mine and a good dude! just wanted people to know that i don't think the pants are that old, if anyone was curious.

7. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

I think miz is in on it too

8. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

I think miz is in on it too

shit, caught redhanded! [​IMG]

9. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

yeah, they caught us. the whole thing is actually a huge hoax. there are no work pants, no redlines, and really no miz or cmf. its all a creation of the evil mind of ddml.

10. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

bitches! watch out i'm going to stake all your heads to my ironing board. and steal your jeans.

11. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

yeah, they caught us. the whole thing is actually a huge hoax. there are no work pants, no redlines, and really no miz or cmf. its all a creation of the evil mind of ddml.

The system is set up to preserve itself! Overthrow DDML. His RRDS are the opiate of the masses.

12. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

yes... overthrow ddml. he is in charge. he has all the power, and you must take it from him. yes.

13. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I am not going do dignify this malarkey with a response.