vintage Weidenman blazer jackets - Any info?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Rampart, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Rampart

Rampart Senior member

Does anyone know anything about the brand 'Weidenmann' ? I believe they made suits & blazers in the 70s, 80s, perhaps earlier, however can't find to mucn info out there about them.

I have a blazer that I bought at some vintage shop in NYC.. On the inner tag it reads 'Model Weidenmann - special for chic stores' and was made in West Germany. Anyone know if this brand at one point was considered higher end or it is just another middle ground type outfitter?

Ram Part

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Does anyone know anything about the brand 'Weidenmann' ? I believe they made suits & blazers in the 70s, 80s, perhaps earlier, however can't find to mucn info out there about them.

I have a blazer that I bought at some vintage shop in NYC.. On the inner tag it reads 'Model Weidenmann - special for chic stores' and was made in West Germany. Anyone know if this brand at one point was considered higher end or it is just another middle ground type outfitter?

Ram Part

Too bad teh Iron Chic is no longer around. He would be able to answer your question.

3. Rampart

Rampart Senior member

I actually found some tuxedo on the net by them.. Anyone know if this company is still around?

Rpart