• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Watch Thread (Pre-1990's watches only)

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to help me identify this watch? Manual wind Longines.

yk1d24Ul.jpg

V4Tlilul.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wearing my Citizen Chronomaster from 1969 today (and I’ve been wearing it a lot lately). I’ve got a modern iteration in the AQ4020 HAQ, but I’ve lost so much weight lately that I need to get a link taken out of the bracelet so I haven’t been wearing it much.

8D107389-A176-4E1C-AAEF-AAD2C60D7C8E.jpeg
FAA79829-B2F8-4D14-8801-F9BEFB444784.jpeg
2B898617-E4C0-42AB-9D65-88DE4E878912.jpeg
401D558C-AE4F-4DFE-9E3A-F685B319C42E.jpeg

I’ve got a KS from roughly the same time frame and this one is just as great looking as that one… bonus points for the Citizen in that the quick-set date still works!

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m wearing my Citizen Chronomaster from 1969 today (and I’ve been wearing it a lot lately). I’ve got a modern iteration in the AQ4020 HAQ, but I’ve lost so much weight lately that I need to get a link taken out of the bracelet so I haven’t been wearing it much.

View attachment 1570582 View attachment 1570583 View attachment 1570584 View attachment 1570585

I’ve got a KS from roughly the same time frame and this one is just as great looking as that one… bonus points for the Citizen in that the quick-set date still works!

Nice! Is it a true quick set, or the 10-12 quick set? I am not a fan of a date on a watch, and no quick set is a deal breaker (for me) on a vintage watch. Cool to see that function on a watch of this age too.

-DL

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Is it a true quick set, or the 10-12 quick set? I am not a fan of a date on a watch, and no quick set is a deal breaker (for me) on a vintage watch. Cool to see that function on a watch of this age too.

-DL

True quick set on this one.

My preference, especially for a dressier watch like this, is no date. But as long as it’s not in some stupid awkward position, it’s not a dealbreaker for me. And if it’s going to have a date, the 3:00 position is my preferred placement.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True quick set on this one.

My preference, especially for a dressier watch like this, is no date. But as long as it’s not in some stupid awkward position, it’s not a dealbreaker for me. And if it’s going to have a date, the 3:00 position is my preferred placement.

I hear that. I like a 6:00 date, but will almost always lean towards no date. Great piece either way, very reminiscent of the vintage Grand Seiko's.

-DL

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like we need a reboot on this thread. What is everyone's (non-Rolex) vintage grail? Even if you already own it, lets hear what you are searching for! Post some pics, even if they are not yours.

I will go first, I would someday like to own an IWC Mark XI. It ticks all the boxes for me. Size, history, simple and clean design. I really love my Cyma Dirty Dozen for the same reasons, and I think I would probably sell it once I found a Mark XI that I liked. I have not really searched for one at this point, but it's always been on my radar.

1616164103843.png

-DL

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Universal Geneve Tri-Compax "Evil Clapton"

Picture courtesy of Bazamu, one of the best vintage watch collectors on the internet. His collection is mind-blowing.

IMG_0569-1170x617.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads