1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage Turnbull & Asser for Bergdorf Goodman Tie █ Brown Silk, "Grenadine-esque" Weave, 3.35 x 58 I

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Mar 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrd617

jrd617 Stylish Dinosaur

Up for sale is a vintage Turnbull & Asser tie from my personal collection. It is in a brown silk weave. Looks similar to a grenadine until you examine it up close.

I've been keeping it out of sentimentality and because of its uniqueness. But I have several brown woven ties, so this one is redundant. The silk and thin construction are very nice. Ties a nice knot, very similar to Cappelli. I picked it up at a pricey vintage shop for about $50 a few years ago. My loss is your gain!

It's in very good condition for a vintage tie. Provided very detailed pictures of the front. No jarring snags. No odors or stains either.

Offering it up here for $35 shipped CONUS, firm. Own a piece of history! I don't think Turnbull has sold its stuff at Bergdorf in many years. Would cost $190 if purchased new today, though they may have changed their construction: http://turnbullandasser.com/shirts-ties/ties/plain-ties/sort-by/position/sort-direction/asc

Sale is final

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status: