vintage soul music appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by mordecai, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

How did I miss this thread? I don't see any Lou Rawls in this bitch. That's a shame.

2. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

How did I miss this thread? I don't see any Lou Rawls in this bitch. That's a shame.

prolly cuz no T&A. add some lou rawls pal. i'm a fan.

3. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

sad thing about old link-based threads is that so many have been taken down [​IMG]

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

prolly cuz no T&A. add some lou rawls pal. i'm a fan.
    [​IMG] and +1 Look at this smooth motherfucker. Watch him eye fuck every woman in the audience. You can practically see him saying "Yeah baby, that's right":
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Senior member

I'm drunk and can't figure out how to subscribe to this. So I'm posting to tag.

6. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Moovers - Someone to fulfill my needs
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Ambassadors - Ain't got the love (one of the more evil soul songs out there. awesome)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. Wess

Wess Well-Known Member

I'd go queer for Teddy's beard.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Ambassadors - Ain't got the love (one of the more evil soul songs out there. awesome)

Great song, thx.

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^ +1. Great song.

My old hard drive that had tons of soul music on it crashed and my turntable hasn't been connected to anything for over a year but it may be time to dust off some records.

10. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

yeah..i missed this one also..

11. Southlondongent

Southlondongent Senior member

Where to start?? [​IMG]

OK, UK members will be familiar with the Sugarbabes cover/Boots ads [​IMG]

The (infinitely superior) original, Ernie K. Doe...

Melba Moore - 'The Magic Touch'...

Otis on the classic UK TV show 'Ready Steady Go' in '66...[​IMG]

12. Southlondongent

Unreleased (at the time, '64) Luther Ingram 'Oh baby don't you weep'...

Mr Dynamite 'Sh'mon!'... No it's not JB! [​IMG]

British/West Indian Soul/Funk - Carl Douglas 'Something for nothing'... check out the break!

13. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Melba Moore - 'The Magic Touch'...

Otis on the classic UK TV show 'Ready Steady Go' in '66...[​IMG]

rad

14. Southlondongent

They don't make em like this anymore.... [​IMG]

Pre-Motown Gladys Knight...

Post-Motown Kim Weston...

This is JB - proto-funk from '62! (couldn't find a mono version unfortunately)

Sam & Dave live... Sharp!

15. big lu

big lu Active Member

This vid makes me feel good every time I see it. Al Green @ the Apollo theater