• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage repro military boots

someoneNew

Reaction score
Anyone into these, anyone have them?
I'm not talking about the current desert war or Vietnam boots, but the ones from WWI or WWII. They have cap toes and are all leather. I'd like to get a pair but our army/navy surplus stores only carry the new stuff, guess I'll have to hit Salvation Army. If anyone has purchased them online I'd like to get your opinion on where you got them too.

Maybe something in this style but darker leather;
http://whatpriceglory.com/pic/garrisonshoes.jpg

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay has a few vintage corcoran in sizes 8-11s.

MikeInRI

Reaction score
The boots that you linked are a variation of corcoran jump boots. They're very heavy, and don't breath well, but are fairly comfortable after they break as far as military boots go. I wore them daily in the Army, and I still wear black jump boots in the Guard. I've never had the inclination to wear them for casual use though, as the steel shanks behind the heel, weight, and large size outweigh any style appeal they might have . There are a million places you can buy them on the net. Here's where I get them from: www.actiongear.com. Just type in "jump boots" in the search, and a number of versions of the Corcoran jump boots will come up, including the orginal brown or black WWII jump boots. Btw, I don't know if I'd want to wear used military boots, they're pretty nasty if coming of some ground pounders feet, no matter how old they are.

someoneNew

Reaction score
Yikes, you sure gave me a different perspective on them lol.
Thanks for the link though, and I'll continue to find something that'll be wearable. I don't want my dogs barkin' just for the look.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.