• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GableTDK

Reaction score

I recently found this pair of Ray Bans while packing my grandfather's home after he passed away. On top it reads B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. On the underside it reads B&L 62[]14 U.S.A. They do not appear to have the laser etching on the side of the lens. It appears they are an Aviator Outdoorsman model. I was never a big fan of Aviators (felt they didn't look good on my face) but being they are my grandfather's sunglasses I'd like to wear them anyways. The problem is, I really dislike the long cable temples and doubt I would wear them much in their current state. I was thinking of (and I'm guessing I'l take flak for this) using wire cutters to cut the cable temple shorter and then getting new earpieces to put on them. Is this possible? If so, where can I order new ear pieces and where do I order them and what ones should I order. I'd also like to replace the rubber nose pieces with clear instead of the cloudy plastic on them now. Where could I replace these as well and what do I order?

I know cutting them would hurt the value, but I really don't care about the monetary value. They have more sentimental value to me and I'd actually like to use them. Thanks for your time.

OloK

Reaction score
Hello Musehead,

I bought some Rayban Wayfarers about April 2012 off of ebay. I recently lost then while I was in Portugal this summer. I searched frantically and could not find them anywhere! I want to get the same ones but i cannot find the design anywhere online!
Please help!

spoolindsm127

Reaction score
Hello,

Just purchased a pair of B&L Ambermatic 58mm with no B&L etchings whatsoever. If the experts here can please chime in and tell me what I have and also give some information on the etching and the dates it appeared I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

markg07

Reaction score
Hi, Musehead

I've got this vintage sunglasses from my father's old boxes and I just want to know the model and how much could I sell this if possible. Appreciate your response.

lisabburn

Reaction score
Hi Musehead,

I just lost a pair of Ray Ban 4027 (I think they are called cutters). Was on vaca and the ocean took them from me. I forgot I was wearing them, since they were like a part of me. I had them for a long time; I think I was emotionally attached t them. :) I want to find another pair. Can you tell me where to find them?

Melissa Price

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.

Hi,

I have a pair of vintage Erika style Ray Bans. I believe they are authentic, They are the style C brand and have the bl engraving on both sides..I know you said you buy them sometimes..i can post pictures if you are interested in possibly buying these. They are the tortoise color. Just Let me know

Thanks

Lindsey

Reaction score
HI, I have what look like a pair of really old genuine ray bans, they are wayfarer style in a dark brown almost bakelite feel plastic with dark green lenses and clear nose pads, they have finer earpieces than my 90's wayfarers and the only marking I can find is in white (worn colour) saying UKBL RAY-BAN. They feel good quality. I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Maskins33

Reaction score
I was hoping that you could give me more info on a pair of Wayfarer II I found in a thrift store. They are tortoise in color have Wayfarer II on the inside of one arm and the other says B&L RAY-BAN USA. The lenses both have the B&L on them. But that is all the markings I can find besides the cursive Ray-Ban on the outside of both arms. Thank you!

Last edited:

mrpersolnality

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a B&L Ray Ban Wayfarer that looks weird. Can you please tell me what model it is?

kvc575

Reaction score
I was given a pair of Ray Bans by my dad. Does anyone know anything they can tell me about these.

RBDY

Reaction score
hi
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.

hi i have a rayban driving TGM outdoorsman black frame in great condition, im thinking you might be interested in it, please send me an email so i can email the pictures to you thanks! [email protected]

ah28

Reaction score
Hello Musehead,

I was hoping to get more information on these Ray Ban's. Marked B&L Ray-Ban 62{ }14 under brow piece. Ray-Ban etched on arms. B&L etched on front lens as well as Ray-Ban on front glass corner. Thanks!

Aths1234

Reaction score
Hey there Musehead,

I have a pair of B&L Ray Bans that i know absolutely nothing about and it's driving me nutty!

1) B&L Ray-Ban U.S.A ~ Is stamped on the inside of the bridge

2) The right (when putting them on) ear peice has both WO996 and WTAW stamped on it

3) The right and left lense have BL printed on them

4) The right (again, when putting them on) lense has the classic RayBan white print on it.

Hopefully you can tell me a bit about them? Maybe their approx age or model?

Thanks a bunch :)

UnheardWord

Reaction score

Hey Musehead, I came across you while trying to Google these glasses. I was wondering if you know anything about them? My Grandmother gave them to me yesterday. They would have been either my Great Uncles or Aunts glasses. They have B & L on them. My Grandmother has no idea what era they are from, any info would help! Thank you!!

jaestrelladojr

Reaction score
I just want to know if my ray bought in black market is authentic. In the left there's an engrave of RB 3026 62[]14-140 and in the right Ray Ban MADE IN U.S.A CE and in the top bar B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A and in the under top bar RAY-BAN 62[]14 The lens has a BL engrave and in the near nose (I don't know what to call it. Hahahaha. Also has a BL but the RAY BAN print white logo in the righ top is slightly embosed. Is this real or fake? Can I send you a picture? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads