• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wayfarerman

Reaction score
Can anyone answer these two questions regarding vintage BL wayfarers.

1. Can you put new current Ray Ban wayfarer lenses in a vintage BL pair and they will fit?

2. Do all vintage BL wayfarers have a serial number on the inside of the arm? I have one pair that does but I have also seen many others that do not.

Tecnologoto

Reaction score
Can anyone answer these two questions regarding vintage BL wayfarers.

1. Can you put new current Ray Ban wayfarer lenses in a vintage BL pair and they will fit?

2. Do all vintage BL wayfarers have a serial number on the inside of the arm? I have one pair that does but I have also seen many others that do not.
1. I don't know if the vintage glasses are exact the same form as the others. At least, you can mix vintage aviator glasses and the italian ones with no problem. As the both Wayfarers declare the same mm, there shouldn't be problems.
2. No. Not all vintage Wayfarers have serial numbers on the frame.

wayfarerman

Reaction score
1. I don't know if the vintage glasses are exact the same form as the others. At least, you can mix vintage aviator glasses and the italian ones with no problem. As the both Wayfarers declare the same mm, there shouldn't be problems.
2. No. Not all vintage Wayfarers have serial numbers on the frame.
Thank you. Was there any reason why some models have it and others do not? Does it make any difference?

Tecnologoto

Reaction score
Thank you. Was there any reason why some models have it and others do not? Does it make any difference?
Well, I suppose it was just to manage things like control quality and to put ID on the models, and it was in their last american decade. I have some pairs of vintage Wayfarers and is funny, because I don't know when B&L started to put the Ray Ban logo on the frame. Until I know it was in 90's, but they don't have serial number. Other pairs don't have it, but they have serial number.

TW Nahrwold

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.
Hi I am Timothy, the Netherlands. I have a pair of ray ban Bausch & Lomb. I want to sell this item. I believe from the late '80. Do you have some more information about these glasses and maybe the value? Already many people show interest. Cheers & appreciate your reply

Attachments

• 20210201_171537.jpg
    20210201_171537.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210201_171337.jpg
    20210201_171337.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 53

TW Nahrwold

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.
Hi My name isTimothy, the Netherlands. I have a pair of Ray Ban Bausch & Lomb. Appreciate if you can give more info about this item. I believe late '80. Do you know the value in the case I want to sell it. Cheers for your reply

Timothy
Hi, my name is Timothy, the Netherlands. Would appreciate if you can provide me with more info about this model and if it has some value. I believe late '80's.

Cheers for your reply and great iniative

Attachments

• 20210201_171537.jpg
    20210201_171537.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 20210201_171337.jpg
    20210201_171337.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 322

Jomoral00

Reaction score
Anyone who has an idea about this type of engraving on bl Ray-Ban sunglasses ?
Is rare?
It's fake?
Screenshot_20210313-225243~2.png
Screenshot_20210313-225228~2.png
Screenshot_20210313-225224~2.png

Tecnologoto

Reaction score

dailydubble

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can obtain replacement nose pads for Rayban Orb glasses? Thanks

Xylomatic

Reaction score
Hi from Spain, Musehead:

I found two aviator units in a flea market. These seems original, but has some strange tips.

UNIT nº1 :
- no BL marks on nosepads.
- on a browbar base stamp area appears: B&L 58(square)14 U.S.A.
Pics attached IMG_8353.JPG IMG_8354.JPG IMG_8356.JPG IMG_8358.JPG

Xylomatic

Reaction score
Unit nº2:

-Again, no B&L marks on nosepads.
-No inscription on browbar base...i proceed to attach pics.
IMG_8359.JPG IMG_8360.JPG IMG_8362.JPG IMG_8363.JPG

Tecnologoto

Reaction score
Many thanks for your answer!!
Son de los años 70s para abajo :). No logro distinguir el color de los cristales, pero si se oscurecen con el sol, pertenecen a la serie Colors de Ray Ban. Sería bueno si pudieras conseguir otro armazón, pues la reposición de esa patita es muy díficil de encontrar dada su antigüedad. Aún así, también recomendaría que guardes el armazón por si alguna vez se ofrece algo. Saludos desde México!

Xylomatic

Reaction score
Son de los años 70s para abajo :). No logro distinguir el color de los cristales, pero si se oscurecen con el sol, pertenecen a la serie Colors de Ray Ban. Sería bueno si pudieras conseguir otro armazón, pues la reposición de esa patita es muy díficil de encontrar dada su antigüedad. Aún así, también recomendaría que guardes el armazón por si alguna vez se ofrece algo. Saludos desde México!
Muchas gracias!!!!;)

Kaloyan

Reaction score
Hello , everybody
can you give me some info about WAYFARER MAX model. There are two vintage models in the web : one have a screw under the hinges , the other do not. What is the difference and which model is better ? The little screw is visible on the second picture.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    76.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics