• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score

Can you tell me what model are these and how much r they worth?

http://i.imgur.com/S2pdQi5.jpg

Outdoorsman leathers with G15 lenses, 58mm..? i think the leather series is from the mid/late 80s. They seem to be in good condition. Unfortunately this was the bais leathers model with the most common type lenses. I would say the value would be around $100-140 when in proper condition. NOS a bit more. But yeah i think theyre the least popular in the leathers series.
The more popular are the woven and the ostrich ones.

Steve Whirlpool

Reaction score
Hello experts.

Do you have any recommendations for a set of screwdrivers suitable for Ray Ban sunglasses ?

Thanks.

Don Arif

Reaction score
@Don can you expain in detail what to expect of such an UV test?

Hi oosterling,

To ensure the originality of the lenses, we can measure the UV (Ultraviolet) strength instead of looking at the BL sign on the lenses. Its important for me to know the originality of the lenses since i got a lot of BL lenses that doesn't have any BL logo.
I've send my uncut lens to the optic shop to verify the originality of the lenses. you may refer to the picture:

**UV testing - not using BL lenses

this is the output of UV testing by using machine. it show 375 units. For BL lenses, normally it will up to 400 Units.

Don Arif

Reaction score
Quote:
Yes, agreed with oosterling ..

the leather series for rayban usa BL come with leather case.. I have a lot of 62mm leather case with condition 9/10 ..
If you interested to buy this, please PM me..

Thanks
Don

fishpoetry

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've lost one of the hinge screws of my vintage B&L Ray Ban Clubmasters tortoise shell, does anyone know where I could find a replacement for them? I tried purchasing a set on eBay but they didn't fit at all. No luck at the optometrists either...

Thanks in advance!

NuggyButt

Reaction score

Hey you... out there on the web, can you help me?!?
1f609.png
please?
My mother received this pair of rays as a gift between 1993 and '95. They've got all the marking: the logo sig. with the the diamond on the left lens (facing) and the BL etched on both lenses, b & l Ray-Ban USA on the inside of the bridge and even BL engraved (?) on the metal underneath the nose piece. On vintagesunglassesshop.com they're listed as "diamond hard sunglasses". Is that what I have? What are they worth? I'm not a fan of gold anything so they're just sitting in a drawer. They're in pretty pristine condition and I'm looking to sell them. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

kcongu

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just bought this sunglasses. Ray ban Bausch&lomb w0860 premier d is the model of sunglasses. It has only one tiny scratches but i am paranoid with scratches :) I searched on everywhere i can and i couldn't find any bausch&lomb replacement lenses for this sunglasses. Is there any possibility to find premier d bausch lomb replacement lenses? Maybe i can use 62 mm aviator lens and recut them for premier d. I am waiting for answers :) thank you for everyone.

Dave Jansen

Reaction score
If you know the year and the worth of these Clip on gold filled Ray Ban sunglasses or any
info on them, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads