• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmafia1

Reaction score
Anyone after a pair of diamond hard? Round metal lennons, NOS. W1911

Last edited:

oosterling

Reaction score
@mmafia1 why the questionmark?
B15 lenses..ive no clue of diamond hard number was different..?

sltillim

Reaction score
Hi there. Newbie here. I found a pair of vintage Ray Bans in the door pocket of a car that my dad left me. I did some research and found them to be olympian or i or ii. They have the original case. I would guess they are from the '70's or '80's. Can anybody share what model they are and possible value? I think I'm going to sell them. They look goofy on me like I'm a henchman in a bond movie.

Thank you in advance!

Steve Whirlpool

Reaction score
Hello Ray Ban experts :

Would like to identify the following and when they would have been manufactured.

JMHARPR

Reaction score
I would really love some help identifying these glasses that were handed down to me from my grandfather. He was in the Navy and part of Operation Deep Freeze. I believe these to be 1958 model glasses given to him during the expedition. Any info would help! Email me at [email protected] for more info!

Rollz

Reaction score

Any idea about model or year when these are made? Only engraving what i can find is "B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A" on nose bridge and BL in nose pad. There are no model, size or serial number...
They're 52mm and model is etched on the left temple tip.

Last edited:

JMHARPR

Reaction score
Some more info to help:

On the top bar it reads: "B&L RAY BAN U.S.A."
Underneath it reads: "B&L 1/20 10k GF"

They're in great condition besides one small chip on the inside of the right lens, about the size of a pea.

Where's the experts?

mmafia1

Reaction score

Hi there. Newbie here. I found a pair of vintage Ray Bans in the door pocket of a car that my dad left me. I did some research and found them to be olympian or i or ii. They have the original case. I would guess they are from the '70's or '80's. Can anybody share what model they are and possible value? I think I'm going to sell them. They look goofy on me like I'm a henchman in a bond movie.

Thank you in advance!

I'm fairly sure they are a pair of early model Olympian I. From the case I think they are 60/70's. Any etching on the lenses at all? Value depends in condition etc?

mmafia1

Reaction score
@oosterling

I meant was anyone interested in buying them mate, no worries, been sold now! :)

doggerel

Reaction score
Shooter Black chrome 62 mm G15
Interestingly, this pair of lenses comes with double BL etching, at 12 o'clock and 3/9 o'clock.
So I've had a couple of double BL etched lenses now, including, in addition to this one, a pair of DGM G15 (G31 in fact)* and a pair of changeable.
Which leads me to this question: when, when, when ... ???
They do have the white ray ban logo on the top left corner!

* I had always though it was G15, and thanks Ossterling for pointing out that it should be G31. In fact, if I had ever pay attention, I should have felt the difference in the amount of light transmission.

Last edited:

sltillim

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I did not see any visible etching on the glass - is that good or bad? They are in very good condition less very slight discoloration on one spot on the gold colored metal frame over the glasses. No scratches as they have been in the case since for over 35 years.

sltillim

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure they are a pair of early model Olympian I. From the case I think they are 60/70's. Any etching on the lenses at all? Value depends in condition etc?
Thank you for responding. I did not see any visible etching on the glass - is that good or bad? They are in very good condition less very slight discoloration on one spot on the gold colored metal frame over the glasses. No scratches as they have been in the case since for over 35 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads