• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score

Hi @Rollz , i would say fake (sorry). The BL etching does not have 4 loose parts. Plus chromax lenses with double BL etchning i never saw before. Furthermore the flash seems to be not spot on.. the end of it isnt so pointy while left side of it also doenst look fully right.
Also the color of the lens doesnt look like chromax B20 lenses. And i dont think they are G20 lenses neither...
One more thing, the B&L on top of the bridge also doesnt seem to be correct

mmafia1

Reaction score
@mmafia1
  check http://www.vintagesunglassesshop.com/item_vs1720.html

i'm still doubting.
When i want to make a fake one i take a normal model and i engrave in both lenses BL and i put on the nose bridge B&l Ray Ban USA to let it look real instead off B&L USA and just in one lens B&L.

I get what you mean, but just nothing about that model seem right. I think the only way to know for sure would be to look in more detail. What's stamped on the nose pads? Is there anything stamped under the nose bridge? Can we see the screws in more detail? I do see your concern as they are on one credible website but other than that they aren't mentioned anywhere on the Internet, other than on a few counterfeit sites. If they weren't on Vintagesunglassesshop then we would 100% say fake. The only reason there is a slight doubt is because they are on there, but what's to say we believe them? And where have they got their information?

I'll do a little more hunting.

benn25

Reaction score
Quote:
Hi Jen,

For further evidence to confirm if they are genuine or not, you will need to get them weighed. Once we have a weight there is more of a chance to get a more decisive answer for you. Comparisons with other models of the same type. Btw both lenses should be etched. Period.

Last edited:

christmas2010

Reaction score
Hi, ive bought a pair of fantasee shooters and I think they are fake. The BL etchings seem wrong, with the left lens etching being blurred. Also , the brow bar is more tramslucent than the one on my rose shooters. The final thing which concerns me is the bullet hole. You can see a join at the 12 o clock position , whereas on my other pair the join is seamless. If you have any shooters, could you let me know if you can actually see a join? Need to sort out whether these are fake or not asap so I can return them. Hope you can all help, thanks, Will

oosterling

Reaction score
Oh my.. I better get my money back. Thanks

well, i am in no way authorized to say what it authentic and what is not, im just sharing my opinion.
Maybe others can share theirs...?

ps ive downloaded the pictures. besides the comments earlier im doubting ive the nosepieces are actually bigger then the regular..they seem not to be. Chromax glasses however come in the driving series which do have bigger nosepads, meant for better comfort during wearing them while driving.
can you check and let me know what you think regarding those nosepieces.

oosterling

Reaction score
Hi, ive bought a pair of fantasee shooters and I think they are fake. The BL etchings seem wrong, with the left lens etching being blurred. Also , the brow bar is more tramslucent than the one on my rose shooters. The final thing which concerns me is the bullet hole. You can see a join at the 12 o clock position , whereas on my other pair the join is seamless. If you have any shooters, could you let me know if you can actually see a join? Need to sort out whether these are fake or not asap so I can return them. Hope you can all help, thanks, Will

ive checked my shooters and sharpshooters:
5 x Sharpshooter, seamless
3 x shooter 1980 seamless
1 x shooter 1975-1978 (BL etching at 12h, LIC frame i think, ill check), seam at 12h.

so....im also getting interested, although i do not doubt about my shooter.

post some pictures :)

christmas2010

Reaction score
Ill put some pics up tomorrow Oosterling-i went on the vintagesunglasses site and saw that they were selling some shooters with the same positioned seam /join.

christmas2010

Reaction score
[/IMG]

christmas2010

Reaction score

the end of the arm coil sleeves are also open, is this standard or are they normally tapered?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics