Vintage Ray Ban Expert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musehead, May 12, 2013.

1. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

Lovely! Really like the DGM lenses.

2. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

3. elenamarie

elenamarie New Member

Hi Musehead. I got a pair of Balorama's when I was young, back in the very early 70s or so. Thick black plastic frames, darkish green lenses, "B & L Ray-Ban U.S.A." on the inside right arm, "Balorama" on the inside left arm. They do not have any numbers on them that I can find. Also, they do not have B&L or Ray-Ban on the lens like the newer ones do. The lenses are in really great shape and the only flaw I can find are a few small pin-size indents on the right arm and frame upper edge. I am interested in selling them but have not been able to find a good resource for placing a value on them. I would be very appreciative for any recommendations you may have. Thanks.

4. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

[​IMG] Musehead the real father

[​IMG]

5. Rec77

Rec77 New Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

6. christmas2010

christmas2010 Active Member

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. I bought these from ebay on an impulse, I thought maybe they were a leathers model, but havent been able to find anything about them. They have light blue changeable lenses but the lenses have no markings ie etchings whatsoever. The nose pads are ivory with no markings and theridge bar has B&L RAY BAN USA on both top and bottom. These are 58 14 size. The leather stitching is great quality on the brow bar and ear arms .
    any help with these would be great. The lenses are a bit too marked for me to want to keep them so they are being returned but id like to know what they are. I was thinking leathers with the bottom curves removed.[​IMG]

7. christmas2010

christmas2010 Active Member

8. Rec77

Rec77 New Member

9. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

10. Rec77

Rec77 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any idea about model or year when these are made? Only engraving what i can find is "B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A" on nose bridge and BL in nose pad. There are no model, size or serial number...

11. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

Woooow really nice, very nice

What kind of lenses? Full mirror or DGM?

Good color combination as well

12. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

13. jen8764

jen8764 Member

Hi,
    I bought a Ray Ban 3026F but i'm not sure if it's a real one or a fake one.
    When i look at the side "vintage sunglasses shop" it's exactly the same .
    Also the text in the top of the nose bridge B&L USA (normally it's B&L Ray Ban USA)
    But i can't see the BL logo etched in the right lens .
    BL is only in the left lens and in the right one Ray Ban with the diamond logo.
    Normally the BL logo consist of 4 parts and this logo isjust a normal B and L.
    Also i wonder wheter the case is authentic because on the back of the button it says YIK FUNG.
    Can you give me an answer if it's a real one or a fake one ?[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks Jen

14. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

@oosterling

Yeah G31 full mirror. I really like the navy colour, a lot rarer than the normal black frames. Been after a pair for ages!

15. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

Hi Jen, Welcome. I would say they are fake. Nothing about them seems right. The frame number is similar to the luxottica models (RB3026) which Bausch and Lomb didn't make. Combining diamond hard and Chromax is also something I've never heard of. The top bridge is wrongly aligned, the stamps are wrong, the etching is wrong. That's case is definitely fake. The real ones have stitching along the section before the opening. That's a very commonly faked case. I see what you mean about them being in Vintagesunglassesshop, but to me everything seems wrong and I'm quite surprised they have them on there. No where else on the Internet seems to have them other than on fake Ray Ban websites selling cheap knock offs. I'm not sure if anyone else thinks any differently? But if say they aren't real. Like I said the only "credible" place online that seems to mention them is in Vintagesunglassesshop, but it seems very strange that they are also sold on dodgy fake websites.