1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Vintage Ray Ban Expert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musehead, May 12, 2013.

1. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

i find it rather shocking. This person is a huge re seller of both vintage as modern Ray Bans. For the prices he/she asks you would like to expect genuine stuff... also the 100% pos feedback raise the suggestion he/she might to be trusted..

He/she advertise them as flying colors, while actually flying colors at B&L era where arista frames with enamel decoration right?!

2. benn25

benn25 Senior member

3. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

ive noticed before indeed he/she mentioned on the vintagesunglassesshop site

as for worst fakes... i do have some pics... its what i bought once and obviously disappointed me a lot:

[​IMG]

B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. under the bridge

[​IMG]

faulty lettertype on the bridge (B of B&L and RAY-BAN is more more |3

[​IMG]

material of the case looks and feels very dodgy, the button doesnt match up neither

[​IMG]

Obviously very wrong. The lenses are glass though. Also it is on the inside of the lenses and far from the edge

[​IMG]

bad looking junction

[​IMG]

screws are round on the top

[​IMG]

general brow bar totally wrong, distance to the frame to big

[​IMG]

holes for the screws too big

[​IMG]

and therefore obviously the screws are too big as well

[​IMG]

the weight totally wrong

[​IMG]

the curves of the lenses are incorrect. on top it a BL lens which is much more curved

[​IMG]

BL 58mm lens

[​IMG]

the fake lens.

so the frame of a BL aviator is like only 5 - 6 grams i think (2 x 16 grams for the lenses = 32 gr. The total weight of an 58 mm aviator is around 38 gr if im correct)
    While this pair weighs about 33 grams, however the lenses are only 9 gram. 2 x 9 grams = 18, which makes the weight of the frame 15 grams...

isnt that amazing Jim? [​IMG]

i made a deal with the seller that she refunded me have of the buying price, this way we didnt need to bother about the shipment costs. So in the end it cost me 20Euros... still money wasted.

so indeed there are quite some fake ones out there [​IMG] however to spot them isnt always that easy, until you get them in your hands...
    my lesson was not to trust vague pictures anymore

4. Michaelvw

Michaelvw Member

Hi,

I recently bought a old ray ban outdoorsman LIC, somewhere around 70s lens is a bit dirty but not damaged.
    Next to the BL etching upside the glass is also an strange etching something like Fz?!? Its also etched the same way as BL.
    I never seen it before, does somebody know more about it,

See the pictures below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Northernva99

Northernva99 New Member

Hello all,

I am also a collector of vintage sunglasses, mostly B&L aviators. I have a question for audience. I have noticed that the frame markings on some of my older raybans differ a bit

For example:

I have two pairs of aviators from the 60's where the B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. are oriented towards the brow bar.

I have two pairs of avaitors from the 70's where the B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. are oriented away from the brow bar and the font is smaller.

I was just wondering if any one else has noticed the difference in fonts or orientations.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  6. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

@Northernva99 i think it was discussef in this thread shortly..maybe in aug sept last year maybe

my experience is that it can be anyting mostly. however.
    all my sharpshooters, 3 one more coming tomorrow, have the charcaters facing the wearer.
    i think the same is true for masterpieces and precious metals..
    also for all LIC frames i thing

but for the rest...saw all mixed

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  7. Nieuwenhuizen

Nieuwenhuizen New Member

Luxottica has the "Ray ban P" series. Were there any BL ray bans that were polarised?

This is the effect of chanbgeable lenses for the peoples who have never seen the effect
    [​IMG]

8. doggerel

doggerel Well-Known Member

9. doggerel

doggerel Well-Known Member

How nice.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  10. benn25

benn25 Senior member

It looks as if its been hand etched. Somebodies initials like when your mum marked your school clothes in case you lost it. Never seen it....never wanna see it again. lol. It makes no sense for BL to mark it twice differently, especially when one marking has been machined. Why not machine etch both. The second marking looks amateurish and spoils the lens. Shame really.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  11. benn25

benn25 Senior member

P-15 lens

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  12. benn25

benn25 Senior member

Well just found out Ive had my youtube channel terminated for some reason. Something to do with violating community guidelines. Oh how funny! [​IMG]Seeing as Im still unsure why, it seems though that putting up videos or ray ban sunglasses causes an offence to the site. Well.....fuck em. Hilarious, annoying and just a bit lame.

Heres the email I received from Youtube:

The YouTube Community has flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed by the YouTube Team against our Community Guidelines. Upon review, we have determined that the following video(s) contain content in violation of these guidelines, and have been disabled:

• "Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban BL2 Clubmaster (???)" ()

Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
    Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the permanent termination of your account.
    For more information on YouTube's Community Guidelines and how they are enforced, please visit the Help Centre.
    Please note that deleting this video will not resolve the strike on your account. For more information about how to appeal a strike, please visit this page in the help centre

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

& heres the termination email:

We'd like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines (http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines), your YouTube account usibenn has been suspended. After review we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which prohibit spam, scams or commercially deceptive content (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en-GB). Please be aware that you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts. For more information about account terminations and how our Community Guidelines are enforced, please visit our Help Centre at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802168?hl=en-GB.

What Im more pissed about is that Ive lost all my channels that I was subscribed to. Wankers [​IMG]

13. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

and rare

14. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

latest catch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

62 mm 1980 DGM G15 shooter

however..now having 3 DGM G15...one really should go ... cant keep 'm all

15. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

@benn25

As if they banned you?! That's ridiculous!! Absolute joke.