• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score
i find it rather shocking. This person is a huge re seller of both vintage as modern Ray Bans. For the prices he/she asks you would like to expect genuine stuff... also the 100% pos feedback raise the suggestion he/she might to be trusted..

He/she advertise them as flying colors, while actually flying colors at B&L era where arista frames with enamel decoration right?!

benn25

Reaction score

oosterling

Reaction score
ive noticed before indeed he/she mentioned on the vintagesunglassesshop site

as for worst fakes... i do have some pics... its what i bought once and obviously disappointed me a lot:

B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. under the bridge

faulty lettertype on the bridge (B of B&L and RAY-BAN is more more |3

material of the case looks and feels very dodgy, the button doesnt match up neither

Obviously very wrong. The lenses are glass though. Also it is on the inside of the lenses and far from the edge

bad looking junction

screws are round on the top

general brow bar totally wrong, distance to the frame to big

holes for the screws too big

and therefore obviously the screws are too big as well

the weight totally wrong

the curves of the lenses are incorrect. on top it a BL lens which is much more curved

BL 58mm lens

the fake lens.

so the frame of a BL aviator is like only 5 - 6 grams i think (2 x 16 grams for the lenses = 32 gr. The total weight of an 58 mm aviator is around 38 gr if im correct)
While this pair weighs about 33 grams, however the lenses are only 9 gram. 2 x 9 grams = 18, which makes the weight of the frame 15 grams...

isnt that amazing Jim?
biggrin.gif

i made a deal with the seller that she refunded me have of the buying price, this way we didnt need to bother about the shipment costs. So in the end it cost me 20Euros... still money wasted.

so indeed there are quite some fake ones out there
patch[1].gif
however to spot them isnt always that easy, until you get them in your hands...
my lesson was not to trust vague pictures anymore

Michaelvw

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a old ray ban outdoorsman LIC, somewhere around 70s lens is a bit dirty but not damaged.
Next to the BL etching upside the glass is also an strange etching something like Fz?!? Its also etched the same way as BL.
I never seen it before, does somebody know more about it,

See the pictures below.

Northernva99

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am also a collector of vintage sunglasses, mostly B&L aviators. I have a question for audience. I have noticed that the frame markings on some of my older raybans differ a bit

For example:

I have two pairs of aviators from the 60's where the B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. are oriented towards the brow bar.

I have two pairs of avaitors from the 70's where the B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A. are oriented away from the brow bar and the font is smaller.

I was just wondering if any one else has noticed the difference in fonts or orientations.

Last edited:

oosterling

Reaction score
@Northernva99 i think it was discussef in this thread shortly..maybe in aug sept last year maybe

my experience is that it can be anyting mostly. however.
all my sharpshooters, 3 one more coming tomorrow, have the charcaters facing the wearer.
i think the same is true for masterpieces and precious metals..
also for all LIC frames i thing

but for the rest...saw all mixed

Last edited:

Nieuwenhuizen

Reaction score
Luxottica has the "Ray ban P" series. Were there any BL ray bans that were polarised?

This is the effect of chanbgeable lenses for the peoples who have never seen the effect

benn25

Reaction score

It looks as if its been hand etched. Somebodies initials like when your mum marked your school clothes in case you lost it. Never seen it....never wanna see it again. lol. It makes no sense for BL to mark it twice differently, especially when one marking has been machined. Why not machine etch both. The second marking looks amateurish and spoils the lens. Shame really.

Last edited:

benn25

Reaction score
Well just found out Ive had my youtube channel terminated for some reason. Something to do with violating community guidelines. Oh how funny!
rotflmao.gif
Seeing as Im still unsure why, it seems though that putting up videos or ray ban sunglasses causes an offence to the site. Well.....**** em. Hilarious, annoying and just a bit lame.

Heres the email I received from Youtube:

The YouTube Community has flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed by the YouTube Team against our Community Guidelines. Upon review, we have determined that the following video(s) contain content in violation of these guidelines, and have been disabled:

• "Bausch & Lomb Ray-Ban BL2 Clubmaster (???)" ()

Everyone hates spam. Misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails designed to increase views are not allowed. It's also not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the permanent termination of your account.
For more information on YouTube's Community Guidelines and how they are enforced, please visit the Help Centre.
Please note that deleting this video will not resolve the strike on your account. For more information about how to appeal a strike, please visit this page in the help centre

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

& heres the termination email:

We'd like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines (http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines), your YouTube account usibenn has been suspended. After review we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which prohibit spam, scams or commercially deceptive content (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en-GB). Please be aware that you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts. For more information about account terminations and how our Community Guidelines are enforced, please visit our Help Centre at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802168?hl=en-GB.

What Im more pissed about is that Ive lost all my channels that I was subscribed to. Wankers
censored.gif

oosterling

Reaction score
latest catch

62 mm 1980 DGM G15 shooter

however..now having 3 DGM G15...one really should go ... cant keep 'm all

mmafia1

Reaction score
@benn25

As if they banned you?! That's ridiculous!! Absolute joke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics