• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmafia1

Reaction score

6 years ago i bought these from some lady for almost nothing. I took a chance and these are what arrived in the mail. Precious metals, 62mm. Pretty good condition too. Some very very light scratching on the lenses and some weird discoloring on the gold where the different bars connect, almost like burn/weld marks? I'd take more pictures but it's nighttime and i can't find my macro lens. Anyhow, i've used them exactly once in these 6 years, they are way to bling bling for me. Thinking about selling them, or maybe trading them for something less in your face. That is if they're genuine, what do you guys think. Any ideas on value if they are?
You did well! They are always collectible and fetch decent money. Did they come with a case at all? They have a very specific case which adds a fair but of money to them. Have a look at my YouTube video, shows it on there. Value is pretty good too, I'm English, over here worth about £250-300 top end and maybe a bit more for decent condition with case etc.

Last edited:

Callrix

Reaction score
You did well! They are always collectible and fetch decent money. Did they come with a case at all? They have a very specific case which adds a fair but of money to them. Have a look at my YouTube video, shows it on there. YouTube under the same name as my username.

Value is pretty good too, I'm English, over here worth about £250-300 top end and maybe a bit more for decent condition with case etc.

Cool, thanks!
Yep, got the case and the original strap or whatever. No cloth or box though.

Last edited:

mmafia1

Reaction score

Yep, got the case and the original strap or whatever. No cloth or box though.
Ah nice, yeah they are worth decent money then. Don't worry most don't come with a cloth. Obviously if there are slight imperfections they will drop the price a little but shouldn't be much if overall in good condition. If you're planning in selling then make sure you take lots of pics showing all the details; the 3D emblem, the serial number in top bar, the etching in lenses etc.

Adisak

Reaction score

Thank you @mmafia1 I'm glad to know that's real!
By the way, how do we know what exact year these produced w/o model no. Or SN ? And also how much value in the market now?

no case :( I found the glasses in a cookies box and I want to buy a case now.

Callrix

Reaction score
Ah nice, yeah they are worth decent money then. Don't worry most don't come with a cloth. Obviously if there are slight imperfections they will drop the price a little but shouldn't be much if overall in good condition. If you're planning in selling then make sure you take lots of pics showing all the details; the 3D emblem, the serial number in top bar, the etching in lenses etc.

Sure thing. What's my best bet? Ebay? I'm located in Sweden and i'm guessing the market is quite limited but shipping inside europe is problem free at least!
Also, i took some more pictures. Couldn't find my macro lens so i used my phone.

oosterling

Reaction score
@benn25 I see you're getting more into the aviators! Welcome to the dark side...
marchal.gif

Did anyone go for the Deep Freeze frames on ebay the other day? I was very tempted but couldn't justify the price for essentially spares or repairs...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAY-BAN-B...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

what is silly is that another one from the same seller, with 2 arms instead of one went for $150+ less...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BAN-B-a...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

you see any reason why?

mmafia1

Reaction score
@oosterling Yeah I did see those ones on there. I don't think there was any particular reason one went higher than the other, just luck of the draw really!

mmafia1

Reaction score
Sure thing. What's my best bet? Ebay? I'm located in Sweden and i'm guessing the market is quite limited but shipping inside europe is problem free at least!
Also, i took some more pictures. Couldn't find my macro lens so i used my phone.

Yeah ebay will be your best bet. Like I said as long as they are advertised well they will fetch decent money. They look in great condition. It's always handy to offer worldwide shipping as there are collectors all over the place, but I hate selling higher value items abroad for customs charges etc.

oosterling

Reaction score
@Callrix very nice pair, very good buy. They seem to be bended in the middle. In my opinion the small part between the lenses should be tiny bit straighter.

good luck selling. I wouldnt min owning one but im hoping to find one like how you did :)
In case you care for swapping them for another pair of aviators which as how you stated are less in your face, i might have several you like. Just send me a PM :)

enjoy

Callrix

Reaction score
@Callrix very nice pair, very good buy. They seem to be bended in the middle. In my opinion the small part between the lenses should be tiny bit straighter.

good luck selling. I wouldnt min owning one but im hoping to find one like how you did :)
In case you care for swapping them for another pair of aviators which as how you stated are less in your face, i might have several you like. Just send me a PM :)

enjoy

Thanks! You might be right about that, i'm sure they could be bent back but i'd probably mess it up so i'm not even gonna try ^^
Yeah, they should really be with some collector who appreciates them. I like them and all but it doesn't make much sense for them to be laying around in an old drawer of mine.
But it's fun to know that they're are great finds out there, i don't even dare to mention how little i paid for these but let's just say i'll get a pretty good return on my investment.

Yeah, i might just send you a pm! Some cool 58mm's with brown lenses would be sweet and i might actually use them.

Thanks for the help guys!

benn25

Reaction score
Last edited:

benn25

Reaction score

benn25

Reaction score
That 3rd one & the BL versions. Even the screw on the left lens has been painted. Look at the bottom of the screw.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads