Vintage Ray Ban Expert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musehead, May 12, 2013.

1. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

You did well! They are always collectible and fetch decent money. Did they come with a case at all? They have a very specific case which adds a fair but of money to them. Have a look at my YouTube video, shows it on there. Value is pretty good too, I'm English, over here worth about £250-300 top end and maybe a bit more for decent condition with case etc.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Callrix

Callrix Member

Cool, thanks!
    Yep, got the case and the original strap or whatever. No cloth or box though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

Ah nice, yeah they are worth decent money then. Don't worry most don't come with a cloth. Obviously if there are slight imperfections they will drop the price a little but shouldn't be much if overall in good condition. If you're planning in selling then make sure you take lots of pics showing all the details; the 3D emblem, the serial number in top bar, the etching in lenses etc.

4. Adisak

Adisak New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you @mmafia1 I'm glad to know that's real!
    By the way, how do we know what exact year these produced w/o model no. Or SN ? And also how much value in the market now?

no case :( I found the glasses in a cookies box and I want to buy a case now.

5. Callrix

Callrix Member

Sure thing. What's my best bet? Ebay? I'm located in Sweden and i'm guessing the market is quite limited but shipping inside europe is problem free at least!
    Also, i took some more pictures. Couldn't find my macro lens so i used my phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

what is silly is that another one from the same seller, with 2 arms instead of one went for $150+ less...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAY-BAN-B-a...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

you see any reason why?

7. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

@oosterling Yeah I did see those ones on there. I don't think there was any particular reason one went higher than the other, just luck of the draw really!

8. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

Yeah ebay will be your best bet. Like I said as long as they are advertised well they will fetch decent money. They look in great condition. It's always handy to offer worldwide shipping as there are collectors all over the place, but I hate selling higher value items abroad for customs charges etc.

9. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

@Callrix very nice pair, very good buy. They seem to be bended in the middle. In my opinion the small part between the lenses should be tiny bit straighter.

good luck selling. I wouldnt min owning one but im hoping to find one like how you did :)
    In case you care for swapping them for another pair of aviators which as how you stated are less in your face, i might have several you like. Just send me a PM :)

enjoy

10. Callrix

Callrix Member

Thanks! You might be right about that, i'm sure they could be bent back but i'd probably mess it up so i'm not even gonna try ^^
    Yeah, they should really be with some collector who appreciates them. I like them and all but it doesn't make much sense for them to be laying around in an old drawer of mine.
    But it's fun to know that they're are great finds out there, i don't even dare to mention how little i paid for these but let's just say i'll get a pretty good return on my investment.

Yeah, i might just send you a pm! Some cool 58mm's with brown lenses would be sweet and i might actually use them.

Thanks for the help guys!

11. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

12. benn25

benn25 Senior member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  13. benn25

benn25 Senior member

First gut feeling.... They look dodgy as hell! As if its been spray painted. The paint looks dull. If you look on the nose pad arms it has a bit missing (right side). Its scraping off a bit at the bottom of the left lens. No etching(s) either.....scrap that. Its RB. Goodbye........ lol.

14. benn25

benn25 Senior member

That 3rd one & the BL versions. Even the screw on the left lens has been painted. Look at the bottom of the screw. [​IMG]