Vintage Ray Ban Expert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musehead, May 12, 2013.

1. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

2. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

i even had them in my favorites for a while as the looked rather special. nice catch

3. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

LIC at the bottom of the bridge i never saw....@mmafia1 you any idea?

4. oosterling

oosterling Senior member

my deary god ....the price.. i never saw them with the extra plastic parts at the bottom of the frame. You have more information on that?

and yes welcome @benn25 [​IMG]

5. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

@oosterling

I know! Though they are pretty much seen as the rarest of the models. Yeah the extra plastic is for protection from the metal frames. Obviously as it was so cold, there was the chance if skin sticking to the metal frames, so the extra bar was to prevent that happening! Awesome hey!

6. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

I've seen LIC a couple of times at the bottom, typical Bausch and Lomb making it hard for us! I think it's because of the 52mm models.

7. benn25

benn25 Senior member

The dark side is strong....but you are not my father! Noooooooooooooo!!!! [​IMG]

Have that.....[​IMG] [​IMG] lol

Am I calculating that right? Almost $450 for that. That is the biggest daylight robbery example Ive ever seen. Scandulous!

8. Greco

Greco Member

So how "rare" are ambernatic lenses . Seems like people on eBay charge an arm and leg for them compared to regular lenses?

9. doggerel

doggerel Well-Known Member

I think and it is only my personal view that in terms of rarity it is not really that hard to come by,
    as you can see there are always a number of them available on eBay.
    However, most of them being offered are used with varying conditions, and only a handful of them are pristine or new old stock.
    To me, and again strictly personally, Ambermatic is more "desirable" than a "rarity", as I have a feeling that quite many people, me inclusive, are quite fond of it, probably due to its unique light-sensing and color-changing property.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015

10. DanishBloke

DanishBloke New Member

11. almager87

almager87 New Member

Hi [@]musehead,

I just bought a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses at a fleamarket that have some different markings than what I'm accustomed to seeing. I was hoping that maybe you could give me some insight on whether or not these sunglasses are even real, and if so, what time period they might be from. I've included some pictures if that helps. Any information on my flea market buy would be greatly appreciated.[​IMG]
    Ray Ban Wayfarer tortoiseshell with a hue of metallic purple.
    [​IMG]
    Inside one arm it says Wayfarer II.
    [​IMG]
    Inside the other arm it says B & L Ray-Ban U.S.A.
    [​IMG]
    Ray Ban logo on the outside of the arm.
    [​IMG]
    B & L logo on lens.
    [​IMG]
    B & L logo on other lens.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015

12. alleycat

alleycat New Member

Hello,
    Would like information( ie:year of make,resell price,lens/frame) on these Rayban Sunglasses Wayfarer 11-Made in USA - BL logo on mid R&L lense-no serial number. Lenses great only1 surface mark left lens. Vision excellent.

Hope following pics informative.Kind Regards

s[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Adisak

Adisak New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi I really need help, I got these from my grandpa's garage however my only concern is there is no serial number or model number on it, are these fake?
    There are BL etched on both lenses, it says these are Wafarer BL frame France .Thank you

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

14. Callrix

Callrix Member

6 years ago i bought these from some lady for almost nothing. I took a chance and these are what arrived in the mail.
    [​IMG]

Precious metals, 62mm. Pretty good condition too. Some very very light scratching on the lenses and some weird discoloring on the gold where the different bars connect, almost like burn/weld marks?
    I'd take more pictures but it's nighttime and i can't find my macro lens.

Anyhow, i've used them exactly once in these 6 years, they are way to bling bling for me. Thinking about selling them, or maybe trading them for something less in your face.
    That is if they're genuine, what do you guys think. Any ideas on value if they are?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

15. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior member

Nah they are real. Folding wayfarers. Did they have a case? Nice and collectible!