• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CCSinLondon

Reaction score
Anyone has a thought on these? I am curious about the value.
I think they are Clubmasters from the 90s, the lenses are in really good condition, but the writing is nearly erased on the arms. I regretfully have to sell all I can at the moment, what do you think they are worth?

Here are a few photos, apologies they are not very good (please ignore the box, it's a cheap very recent case, the original is a nicer brown one)

I would be very grateful for any expert advice, thanks!

benn25

Reaction score
CCSinLondon: They are Clubmasters as you said. Value wise at this time of the year. £35 - £45.

Pagero: No worries. Glad I could help

Last edited:

trashcandace

Reaction score
Dear expert,

Real or fake? I'm wanting to give these away as a gift for Yule but not until I can be 100% positive the are authentic. Please help!!

Cheers,

Candace

Last edited:

codydollar10

Reaction score
i have a pair of aviator style gold frame ray bans with no name on lenses only has b&l ray ban usa on nose piece any suggestions on how much they are worth?

merou9813

Reaction score

Hi Musehead,

I can not seem to find any information on the ray ban model number for this pair of sun glasses. The number on inside of frame is gone and only a faint Ray Ban can be seen. Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!!

oosterling

Reaction score
@codydollar10 as the information you gave does not include anything regarding its condition its really hard to say anything. but a standard aviator...anything between $10 and $80. depending on condition and kind of lenses. with special lenses it could be even a bit more

oosterling

Reaction score
so as mentioned a while a go ive bought a white gold aviator. Recently i bought myself another one. But its a bit special.
The first one was bought in 1973 in NY, it belonged to a captian of a big cruiseship so it has been sailing the whole world :)
On the bridge its states: B&L RAY BAN USA LIC, and below 1/30 10K GO. It has very light photochromic lenses.

The 2nd one has on the top of the bridge only RAY BAN, below it states UKBL 1/10 12CT GF.

I was curious if there is more info regarding those UKBL sunglasses. didnt find much on internet...

benn25

Reaction score
so as mentioned a while a go ive bought a white gold aviator. Recently i bought myself another one. But its a bit special.
The first one was bought in 1973 in NY, it belonged to a captian of a big cruiseship so it has been sailing the whole world :)
On the bridge its states: B&L RAY BAN USA LIC, and below 1/30 10K GO. It has very light photochromic lenses.

The 2nd one has on the top of the bridge only RAY BAN, below it states UKBL 1/10 12CT GF.

I was curious if there is more info regarding those UKBL sunglasses. didnt find much on internet...

hasnt maafia1 got a pair of UK aviators? Not sure if thats what it represents but could well be? Any pics oosterling?

Last edited:

mmafia1

Reaction score
There's very little info about them out there. From what I know, they are roughly 1950s/60s. Very few models out there from the UKBL range. I've got a vid up of my ones. They are lovely, and yeah very rare. Did you get a case?

oosterling

Reaction score
yes sorry, pictures. tried earlier to upload them from my phone but didnt work

and yes mmafia1 has a youtube video from a UK Ray Ban () however that has a yellow golden frame, mine has a white golden frame. Further they seem the same.
Googling on Ray Ban UKBL result in some auction of simular sunglasses that went away for a nice price (above 100 uk pound even)

so here some pictures of both (please open them separately to be able to zoom)

The UK ones (btw, dont have the nice UK case, if someone has a spare one :)
i do like this pair a lot. The RB-3 lenses colors really nice with the white gold color. The frame is in very nice condition. The lenses could be better. But as mmafia1 stated in his video, theyre probably really old (50s - 60s)

And the white gold LIC ones (realize i could have cleaned the lenses a bit better... although on the right lens its a real scratch unfortunately
This pair i almost never wear as the lenses are so light. In normal daylight you could even wonder if they are not reading glasses, but they are not.

then ive on more pair im wondering about. i bought actually 2 pairs for 20E. One pair had fake lenses and both pairs were in a fairly used state. The on pair with the real lenses is gold filled though. But what is more typical for that pair is that it does have the holders of the brow bar (general bar or however you want to call it) but not the bar itself.
So at first i thought it was just cut of.
But than i started to doubt. Because i would expect metal color inside, or even oxidation. But they do not.... what are your thoughts?
Also when is CT and when is K used in the coding? This pair it states B&L 1/10 12K GF...

and actually, the pair is far from in perfect state, but i like them a lot, wear them the most lately...

well thats it for now. collection keeps on growing ;-)
really need to sell some soon as its getting a bit out of hand LOL

alcm

Reaction score
Hi Musehead, I just posted my Vintage rayban for sale but first I wanted a qoute if you can... It is a B&L Ray Ban 52019 gold plated frame. Its been quite awhile I have this. I believed it was manucfatured late 70-early 80's. I do not have the original case any more but its in A conditon as for its age.
Can you just give me an estimate how much should I ask...and it seems this style in very rare and retro... Thanks ALCM

benn25

Reaction score
Hi Musehead, I just posted my Vintage rayban for sale but first I wanted a qoute if you can... It is a B&L Ray Ban 52019 gold plated frame. Its been quite awhile I have this. I believed it was manucfatured late 70-early 80's. I do not have the original case any more but its in A conditon as for its age.
Can you just give me an estimate how much should I ask...and it seems this style in very rare and retro... Thanks ALCM

Hi alcm,

The model you quote is the Signet.

1st question. Where did you get that model number from? Doing a quick search it looks like a model number which is either fake or from Luxottica.

2nd question. Have you actually looked at the glasses? If you have you will find all the information you need for these glasses as it will tell you what you need to know and then you can do a quick search for an estimate of how much these are going for.

3rd question. Why do you think the glasses are 70s/80s?

Imv you need to make sure you have a genuine pair of B&L Signet sunglasses as there are quite a few markings for these glasses.

If you want an informed estimate or authenticity check you need to post up some close up pics of all the markings you can find and of the glasses aswell.

Hope this helps
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads