• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grunnvms

Reaction score
Can somebody help me to identify my Ray-Ban sunglasses?

They are gold with black. On the top of the frame is an inscription that says B&L Ray-Ban U.S.A. AA7976.

The lenses have no markings.

The lens diameter is 66 mm.

It has a black case.

I think I bought them in the 1980's, and they were quite expensive at the time.

Attachments

Last edited:

FredyB

Reaction score
I have two pairs of vintage Bausch & Lomb wayfarers, both in the Havana but in different sizes; one in 50/24 the other in 50/22. The 50/22 has an asterisk / "*" after the "U.S.A" on the right arm and another asterisk after the word "wayfarer" on the left arm. What gives - re the asterisk? Couldn't find what it meant for the life of me. Cheers
Hello, did you ever find out what the asterisk means?

I am interested in a pair of 5022 with the asterisk next to their name. But dont know what it means

LASR

Reaction score
Greetings to all and to the expert here. Got a couple of interesting 5022 Ray Ban, in white, not sure about the year, interestingly, the "B&L" engraving on the lens is horizontal. They have a gassy smell if you let them in a case, which I did and noticed the red color from the inner case began being absorbed by the frame, which I hadn't noticed and will leave them out, to prevent further staining.
20211218_152759.jpg
20211218_152840_HDR.jpg
20211218_152739.jpg
20211218_152755.jpg
Any comments on this model and its possible year will be welcome.

CharlieBlake

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.
Hi, I have an Pair if what seems to be Ray-Ban Aviator Outdoorsman with Ambermatic lenses. I have spent ab extensive amount of time researching in the internet and haven't been able to find good information on being able to date them. Could you please help me verify and date these? I am planning on selling them and feel it's necessary to know exactly what I have in order to price them correctly. Thanks!

Rikidawn

Reaction score
Hi I found these in a box headed for the charity shop! Was I right to save them? Does anyone know anything about these?
11D1815B-EEC8-4871-8CD5-EB9DB272E3E6.jpeg
35934E3C-0ED1-43A8-89E9-F801C409BB38.jpeg
425BFA70-3BDB-46B6-AD9C-B651FEC1B45F.jpeg
9825FDBF-D66C-4864-98A3-EDE95EA5C6A6.jpeg
CEA4251F-8DE7-42EE-8F8C-130F8EC92A96.jpeg
6F224A06-59A0-4ED7-8221-79A794D0DB43.jpeg

SandraW

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.
Hi,

Is it still possible to get an advice from you for my vintage Ray-Ban Olympian?

Kind regards,
Sandra

Vintageclueless

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pair of B&L Wayfarer II from the late 1980s, maybe 1990. They have the serial number A5636 XTAS, I am having trouble finding information on this particular series. Mostly I'd like to know what their specifications are, if they have plastic lenses etc. I hope you are able to help. I can post pictures if that is more helpful.

astroboy

Reaction score
Are you shure that these are Ray Ban? It's no Wayfarer-shape.

Vintageclueless

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pair of B&L Wayfarer II from the late 1980s, maybe 1990. They have the serial number A5636 XTAS, I am having trouble finding information on this particular series. Mostly I'd like to know what their specifications are, if they have plastic lenses etc. I hope you are able to help. I can post pictures if that is more helpful.
I am attaching pictures.

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brummie