1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Vintage Ray Ban Expert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musehead, May 12, 2013.

1. Ralpha

Ralpha Member

Hi to everyone ;)
    I know what you are thinking about, at first time i thought immediately they are fake but in a second time, touching them and comparing to my vintage ray bans i can assure quality is the same. Lenses are replaced with prescription lenses unfortunately, i found them in a very old box with original wayfarer vintage case.
    What do you think? Is it possible there is a vintage wayfarer without b&l logos or it is a well done fake?
    Thanks in advance :)

20181008_091027.jpg

20181008_090944.jpg

20181008_090951.jpg

20181008_091015.jpg

2. Ralpha

Ralpha Member

UP!

3. kurtovic

kurtovic Member

hello everyone. I imagine that nose pads are not the same for all vintage ray ban aviator models. For example, in diamond hard and chromax is the wider side facing the way up and with other my models the wider side is facing down. do you know something about it?

https://vintagerayban.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018

4. Benefac

Benefac New Member

Hi! I wonder if you can tell me what these are? 1.jpg 1.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

5. Ralpha

Ralpha Member

Up, please

6. Ralpha

Ralpha Member

Up, please

7. UDP

UDP New Member

Hello, not sure if you still post on here or privately contact the people that are seeking information, but I might as well post what I have and hope for the best. So I found this pair of aviators in the case at a big thrift store believe it or not, it was among the other junk, hats, glasses, shoes, etc.. and when I picked these up inside the case I kind of thought... nah, really? So after I opened it obviously I realized I should probably grab these up with the rest of the crap I had in tow and scoot out the store. Needless to say I hadn't quite seen before a pair such as these and figured that this had to be the real thing. I do believe these are 100% genuine and have tried to do what research/confirmation online I could, but only to some avail.

I know that these are classic aviators and are possibly unique because of the cable ends on them and that they could be military aviators, but possibly not? because they have the green-type of lenses and not yellow or black. They also have the B&L on the inside of the pinkish orangeish color (or whatever color/material it is) of the nose rests. They have the RAY-BAN markings on the top of the bridge, but they only say RAY-BAN and not RAY BAN USA that people keep mentioning. Underneath they do have the B&L 1/10 12K GF inscription. So obviously what im wondering, to anyone out there,..Why does this pair have cable ends instead of the typical ends that I see on most vintage pairs for sale online? Did some people just order them that way as an upgrade of sorts? Also, of course, why does this pair say RAY-BAN and not the RAY BAN USA and what year did that change? I have seen on some 1950s (early 1950s?) pairs that DO only say RAY-BAN, so that leads me to believe they are 1937-1950s(latest). Any honest and helpful answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

10.JPG 11.JPG

fixed.jpg

8. mmafia1

mmafia1 Senior Member

Basically, exactly as you suspect. Some had cable, some not, was a choice you could make. Cable sometimes are more desirable, especially if in good condition.

The Ray Ban stamp on top, again, you’re pretty spot on. The dates are somewhat debatable, but the dates you gave are roughly correct.

What size are they? 52mm or 58?
    Very desirable pair in the US, especially with case in good condition, and if 58mm!

9. kurtovic

kurtovic Member

Hello everyone. I'm getting the frame of vintage Ray Ban and in my opinion it's original. Weld is good and everything else. The top of the nose bridge is impressed by the B & L Ray-Ban USA LIC while the bottom of the bridge does not write anything, and one ear pad is impressed 62 16. I care about this unusual size 62 16. I would like your opinion. thank you

IMG_9799 copy.jpg IMG_9804 copy.jpg IMG_9796 copy.jpg IMG_9798 copy.jpg IMG_9801 copy.jpg IMG_9802 copy.jpg

https://vintagerayban.wordpress.com/