• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmafia1

Reaction score
Hi!

Several years ago I got my grandad's old Ray Bans.
They're gold, have the B&L Ray Ban USA on the top, under the nose bridge it has B&L Ray Ban 58[]14 engraved.
The lenses are changing color in shade, sun and snow(i think it is) from bright yellow to a very dark brownish gray.
It came in a brown leather B&L case with a small (and old) description about the lenses - it seems as I've lost the description, though.

Do anyone know if they're legit and the age of these?
Anything would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 813299

View attachment 813300

View attachment 813301

View attachment 813302

View attachment 813303

View attachment 813304

They all look legit. Ambermatics by the looks of them, roughly early 80s.

mmafia1

Reaction score
Hey guys, reading through this. Everyone seems extremely knowledgeable and helpful, so props to everyone!

Personally, I am just becoming interested in vintage Ray Bans, and have just ordered a pair on EBay.

I should have checked here first, but I was hoping someone could help me verify their authenticity and quality. Also I would very much like to know the year! I have not been able to find much information at all about "Ray Ban Traditionals" online.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

View attachment 812539

View attachment 812541

View attachment 812543

View attachment 812545

They look legit, no probs, but not traditional. Just wayfarers.

Photo 22-11-2009 18 30 11.jpg

mmafia1

Reaction score
View attachment 813684 View attachment 813685 View attachment 813686 View attachment 813688 View attachment 813684 View attachment 813685 View attachment 813686 View attachment 813688 View attachment 813684 View attachment 813685 View attachment 813686 View attachment 813688 View attachment 813684 Greetings, Ray-Ban Expert. Can you identify what model these Wayfarers are and what year they were made. Curious of the value. And sorry for the duplicate photos - I have no idea why several were reposted

PS Apparently the guy above me posted a similar model

View attachment 813687

L1617 Wayfarer Street Neats.

Dudeasincool2

Reaction score
L1617 Wayfarer Street Neats.

Are they from the 80s or the 60s? I've seen some Street Neats with an etching at the end of one of the arms - these have none in that spot. What is the value of them?

Last edited:

mmafia1

Reaction score
Are they from the 80s or the 60s? I've seen some Street Neats with an etching at the end of one of the arms - these have none in that spot. What is the value of them?

80s mate, value depends on condition? Street neats have never been the most popular line.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where to find spare parts for a pair of old B&L Ray Ban Wayfarers (5024, tortoise, does not have the L2053 markings)? My sis gave me her old pair a while back and I cracked the right temple / arm and have been gutted ever since. I tried checking ebay but those are all complete pairs going for $150+. If anyone has a spare right arm in good condition please PM me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Big Al

Reaction score
I have older black metal frame aviators and trying to determine authenticity. They have BL by arms on lenses and Rayban on lense where it typically is but the only marking inside left arm is as pictured. No markings on bridge of nose but BL on each nosepiece.

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

Last edited:

stevewine

Reaction score
I am a self proclaimed expert on Bausch and Lomb aka Vintage Ray Bans. I have a degree in Vintage Ray Ban Eyewear, if you need help or have a question this is the place to get answers. I also buy them if you have a pair or more you want to sell. Cheers.
i just found pair " raybans" ( i am now proud owner of a genuine pair 1950s fakes) my father bought in singapore 1951 - 1952 leather case baize /wood outside the signature ( not the circular) green . the green signature is printed on not incised/embossed. the lenses are in lovely condition green and from front slightly mirrored. the nose rests pinky yellow mother of pearl iridescent effect. over ear piece fixed transparent yellowish plastic. i think they show evidence of gold plating. the fun starts that the hinge is a bit crude and the screws are on left right opposite ways up RHS screw heads underneath LHS 2 blade heads on top ( to me this indicates use of only one machine ? ) under the bridge reads 12KGF Now the real fun on top bridge reads RAY-BON madness i think this is a chinese person writing this and the dash is symbol for a tonal pause in transcription of chinese to latin script to digress a bit in early 1980s in bangkok i was priveliged to see the last of what was once a common hilarios sight namely shop signs witten by thais with very poor english shop sign in back alley near patpong JIM BUB PHENSOM BARBA jim is westonners bub is pub and next is " handsome barber shop"

oosterling

Reaction score
i just found pair " raybans" ( i am now proud owner of a genuine pair 1950s fakes) my father bought in singapore 1951 - 1952 leather case baize /wood outside the signature ( not the circular) green . the green signature is printed on not incised/embossed. the lenses are in lovely condition green and from front slightly mirrored. the nose rests pinky yellow mother of pearl iridescent effect. over ear piece fixed transparent yellowish plastic. i think they show evidence of gold plating. the fun starts that the hinge is a bit crude and the screws are on left right opposite ways up RHS screw heads underneath LHS 2 blade heads on top ( to me this indicates use of only one machine ? ) under the bridge reads 12KGF Now the real fun on top bridge reads RAY-BON madness i think this is a chinese person writing this and the dash is symbol for a tonal pause in transcription of chinese to latin script to digress a bit in early 1980s in bangkok i was priveliged to see the last of what was once a common hilarios sight namely shop signs witten by thais with very poor english shop sign in back alley near patpong JIM BUB PHENSOM BARBA jim is westonners bub is pub and next is " handsome barber shop"

Pictures please

edward_

Reaction score
Anyone any idea which model this is? At a contest in the 80's I won this glasses, as the letter than said with gold plated, and the glasses get darker with sunlight.
thanks. Edward

DSC01155.JPG

DSC01157.JPG

Elee

Reaction score
I've had a particular pair of Ray Bans for 20+ years and love them-- trying to identify them because my pair got damaged recently: One earpiece has "Bausch & Lomb" printed on it, and the other earpiece has "W1247PTAS" (I'm not positive about the "2")stamped on it. Does anyone know what they are?
Thanks for any guidance! Elee.

IMG_2146 2.JPG

oosterling

Reaction score
Hi Elee

You are right, the 2 isnt correct. They are W1847 predator 2.
Luxottica is also sell this model...

I've had a particular pair of Ray Bans for 20+ years and love them-- trying to identify them because my pair got damaged recently: One earpiece has "Bausch & Lomb" printed on it, and the other earpiece has "W1247PTAS" (I'm not positive about the "2")stamped on it. Does anyone know what they are?
Thanks for any guidance! Elee.

View attachment 819310

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads