Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage Ray Ban Expert

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musehead, May 12, 2013.

1. jimmyblackcab

jimmyblackcab New Member

hello there my name is jim and i have a question for you that i am struggling with ????? my wife bought me a pair of rayban sunglasses they are a few years old but unfortunately i left them on top of car and they fell off resulting in one of the lenses beaking ..... i have tried to find a replacement lense but when i type in the official rayban number i am met with a brick wall ????? the official number on the arm is RB 3295 there are other numbers after this but dont think they mean anything ???? the full numbers on the arm as i look at it are as follows RB 3295 004 62015 THEY ARE GENUINE RAYBANS AND ON OTHER ARM IT SAYS RAYBAN MADE IN ITALY CE they are of sentimental value and still in excellent condition so wanted to replace lense but i am afraid i have fallen at the first hurdle so to speak ???? please can you help me i can if need be try and send you a photo if it helps .... i just need to find stockists for the RB3295 lenses ???? i hope you can help and i await your answer my email is [email protected] please reply to that if you can and thanks so much CHEERS AND THANKS ....JIM

2. maximus101

maximus101 New Member

Hi

I have a question that you may be able to help me with. I have a pair of Ray Bans, the wrap around, easy rider style. They are well over 10 years old. Would these glasses be marked on the side arms and nose pieces with Ray Ban. I believe them to be genuine glasses. At what point did Ray Ban start marking side arms etc..

Thanks

Joe

3. BluBastian

BluBastian New Member

I picked up a pair of Bullet-Hole Aviators at a junk store for 50 cents, could you tell me if they are Ray Bans or fake look a likes. There are no markings anywhere on frame or lenses.
    The lenses are 58mm at widest point, the frame is 15 cm from hinge to hinge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. footloose

footloose New Member

I have a pair of Ray Bans that I can't quite identify! They are clearly marked with all the appropriate L&B and RB markings on the lens and under the top bar and arms.They look like they come somewhere in between Aviators/Caravan or pilots......can you advise on what my next best move is?

5. footloose

footloose New Member

6. footloose

footloose New Member

....my original posting was for musehead but if he's not about is there anybody out there who could help me identify these Ray Bans?...
    ...oops!sorry,gave wrong [email protected]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...would appreciate any and all input.Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

7. Alex2310

Alex2310 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Could someone say if these are fake or not ? Seller says they are from 90' but also show a luxotica case for them.

8. eske

eske New Member

Hi Musehead and others!

I bought these bay-ban some time a go from the old gentleman. The lenses are unused, because that gentleman have used prescription lenses. I have not used them, because these are too big for me, i quess it's size L?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now i want to know what is the appropriate price nowadays and when/where they are made?

Could someone help me, please..

If someone want to buy these RB, please send me PM.

-eske-

9. allyfrazer

allyfrazer New Member

Hi,
    I have a pair of Ray-Ban W2469 Black Chrome Round sunglasses with Blue Mirror lenses, with tortoise shell ear pads. They are authentic, come in the original case, and the protective foam padding around the glasses. As they are in practically new condition, I am wondering how to go about selling them?

10. jakevjohnston96

jakevjohnston96 New Member

Hey Muse, your the only expert I've been able to locate online and Id like to see what you think about what I have here.

I think I may have stumbled upon a rare pair of Ray Bans.

They don't seem to have any "model no." however they have many features that make me believe they're real.

I believe these are the Cats 5000 by the way.

• They have the B&L logo etched into both lenses
    • They seem to be made of good quality
    • They have correct weight

What I'm confused about, is why theres no model no. on these? Are they possibly so old they don't have one?
    They also have a "streetside" case which I have never seen before. Any clue of what I've got here?

11. feraco

feraco New Member

Hi do you now of a web page with overview of all the BL aviator models ? I have a couple of varians chromax, ambermatic and normal all in 62 mm )but i now there Are a couple more ?

Regards

G.:)

12. aoao

aoao New Member

I have a pair of sunglasses I found at a garage sale. On one side of the frame on the inside there is just a cursive L. And on the other side just ITALY. No other markings on these sunglasses. I was wondering if anyone knew what type these might be. They look like they could be quite old. And I cannot seem to find a brand the just has a cursive L.

13. aoao

aoao New Member

14. aoao

aoao New Member

[​IMG]do you know what type of sunglasses these are.? they just have that cursive L on one side and ITALY on the other.??

15. bobby4bob

bobby4bob New Member

I have a pair of ray ban rb3025 sunglasses purchased from Usairways company store back in 2000s do not have logo on lens are they real