1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Ray Ban Expert needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PatrickBasquina, Jul 20, 2014.

1. PatrickBasquina

PatrickBasquina New Member

So I just stumbled upon my father's old items, and I found this old Ray Ban Aviator. I have a problem though. I don't know if these are actually authentic or not. My father died in 2003. I tried to ask my mom about this, she first saw these glasses on their first date (early 1980s), but she has no idea if these are authentic or not. I attached the photos, but here are the things that I found.

On the top of the frame, "B&L RAY-BAN U.S.A." was engraved.
    at the bottom of the same frame, "B&L RAY-BAN 58[]14" was engraved.
    Both lenses have "BL" on it, there are also "BL" on the nosepads.

See attached photos. Those are the clearest shots I could give. Please let me know if these are authentic or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Don Arif

Don Arif Active Member

Hi fren,
    As far as i know, this is original.can you provide picture for casing?

3. PatrickBasquina

PatrickBasquina New Member

Hi. Unfortunately it doesn't have the casing since I found this in a box where my mom put all the items my dad had by the time he died. But my mom confirmed this one used to have a case. She just forgot where she put it. I'm still looking for it now.