• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Ralph Lauren collectors?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I know that outside of RLPL and Black Label, Ralph Lauren doesn't garner a lot of respect. However, I was wondering if anyone here collects any of the older pieces? It's amazing to see what the quality in some of the basic pieces were from the 1970s, 1980s and even the early 1990s.

Also, if anyone knows of a guide to sorting through the labels and tags of vintage stuff, let me know!

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that outside of RLPL and Black Label, Ralph Lauren doesn't garner a lot of respect. However, I was wondering if anyone here collects any of the older pieces? It's amazing to see what the quality in some of the basic pieces were from the 1970s, 1980s and even the early 1990s.
Also, if anyone knows of a guide to sorting through the labels and tags of vintage stuff, let me know!

http://hypebeast.com/2012/03/put-this-on-meet-the-lo-heads/

Welcome to the 'lo heads.

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Quote: I think the gentleman who started this thread was aiming more at classically styled vintage pieces of Ralph Lauren, not really the type of things that the Lo movement is generally interested in, with a few notable exceptions, especially in the movements leaders. Additionally, I find your post and its timing very condescending. The Lo movement is aspirational, and that is what America is about, people trying to better their life. Stop acting like a spoiled wanker and use your energy somewhere else where you can try and put out some ******* positive thoughts. Looking at your post history I know that is going to be difficult for a tosser like you but, give it a try.

Now then, its probably quite obvious that I think the basis for this thread is fantastic, and I do. The older things back when really it was just one label are, for the most part, extremely well crafted garments that make for a great discussion. So, I start with this...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads