1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage pocket square

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alter, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Alter

Alter Distinguished Member

The ultimate pocket square! Multi-colored to match any suit. I thought some of you might find this interesting. It was an old pocket square of my father's that I claimed after he passed away. I assume it is from the 60's or 70's. Can you still buy something like this?
    [​IMG]

2. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Distinguished Member

I saw one in a thrift shop once, didn't buy it, and regretted it. It would have been great as a back-up square for traveling, etc. I'd like to get hold of another one.

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

I'd like to get hold of another one.

They're out there, brand new.

4. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I have a couple of those, one inherited from my wife's grandfather, and the other given to me by an older couple who noticed I wore pocket squares. It had been, I suppose, used at one time by the husband but was no longer needed. I think generally those are not actually made of silk. I hardly ever use mine anymore, but they were fairly handy when I had very few pocket squares.

5. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

Momentary, tangentially related, thread jack:

I have some white linen pocket squares from Brooks Brothers. But they're so big that they need to be doubled over and then folded into thirds to fit in my pocket. Is that normal, or are these just too big, and hence not really pocket squares at all?

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

It does look very '60s.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

Momentary, tangentially related, thread jack:

I have some white linen pocket squares from Brooks Brothers. But they're so big that they need to be doubled over and then folded into thirds to fit in my pocket. Is that normal, or are these just too big, and hence not really pocket squares at all?

In my experience that is not unusual.

8. denning

denning Distinguished Member

It's a little freaky. My Dad was cleaning out his closet last week and gave my brother one exactly the same as that.