• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage pocket square

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ultimate pocket square! Multi-colored to match any suit. I thought some of you might find this interesting. It was an old pocket square of my father's that I claimed after he passed away. I assume it is from the 60's or 70's. Can you still buy something like this?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one in a thrift shop once, didn't buy it, and regretted it. It would have been great as a back-up square for traveling, etc. I'd like to get hold of another one.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I'd like to get hold of another one.

They're out there, brand new.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have a couple of those, one inherited from my wife's grandfather, and the other given to me by an older couple who noticed I wore pocket squares. It had been, I suppose, used at one time by the husband but was no longer needed. I think generally those are not actually made of silk. I hardly ever use mine anymore, but they were fairly handy when I had very few pocket squares.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Momentary, tangentially related, thread jack:

I have some white linen pocket squares from Brooks Brothers. But they're so big that they need to be doubled over and then folded into thirds to fit in my pocket. Is that normal, or are these just too big, and hence not really pocket squares at all?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Momentary, tangentially related, thread jack:

I have some white linen pocket squares from Brooks Brothers. But they're so big that they need to be doubled over and then folded into thirds to fit in my pocket. Is that normal, or are these just too big, and hence not really pocket squares at all?

In my experience that is not unusual.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little freaky. My Dad was cleaning out his closet last week and gave my brother one exactly the same as that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads