• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage pocket square

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ultimate pocket square! Multi-colored to match any suit. I thought some of you might find this interesting. It was an old pocket square of my father's that I claimed after he passed away. I assume it is from the 60's or 70's. Can you still buy something like this?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one in a thrift shop once, didn't buy it, and regretted it. It would have been great as a back-up square for traveling, etc. I'd like to get hold of another one.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I'd like to get hold of another one.

They're out there, brand new.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have a couple of those, one inherited from my wife's grandfather, and the other given to me by an older couple who noticed I wore pocket squares. It had been, I suppose, used at one time by the husband but was no longer needed. I think generally those are not actually made of silk. I hardly ever use mine anymore, but they were fairly handy when I had very few pocket squares.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Momentary, tangentially related, thread jack:

I have some white linen pocket squares from Brooks Brothers. But they're so big that they need to be doubled over and then folded into thirds to fit in my pocket. Is that normal, or are these just too big, and hence not really pocket squares at all?

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Momentary, tangentially related, thread jack:

I have some white linen pocket squares from Brooks Brothers. But they're so big that they need to be doubled over and then folded into thirds to fit in my pocket. Is that normal, or are these just too big, and hence not really pocket squares at all?

In my experience that is not unusual.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little freaky. My Dad was cleaning out his closet last week and gave my brother one exactly the same as that.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.