Vintage military boots - some questions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lysol, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Having owned my last pair of combat boots when I was 19 (some 10 years ago) I'm on the hunt for a new pair. I'm looking for something identical to these below. Could someone help with a little info on what era these are from? My original boots were hand me downs from my father so I'm assuming these are Vietnam era? Does anyone know of the maker originally responsible for such boots? Corcoran? Any more info that could make my eBay search easier. Any points to sources for good vintage Army surplus boots that's not going to give me something with mesh uppers, velcro closures or Nike soles would be awesome too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I don't know if your town has any military bases near, but if so you can make friends and get issue stuff from the BX, I got a few pairs of BDU's that way.

3. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Well, I have no shortage of army surplus stores nearby (I actually pass Fort Dix on my way to work everyday) but unfortunately, I haven't seen a pair of older 50's/60's styles of boots in these places in ages. Stuff more along the lines of:

[​IMG]

4. Rome

Rome Mr. Chocolates Godiva

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I just search the vintage shoe section of ebay for my size. Or search the normal men's shoe section in your size and just use "military" or something like that into the search engine. Not everyone selling vintage shoes/boots know exactly what they are so it's usually good to keep it a little broad.

6. why

why Senior member

Doc Martens are the original military boot.

Just make sure you have hair on your head when you wear them.

7. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

I have some old stuff in 10 and 9.5 if you're interested. I have Corcoran jump boots, black and desert Altimas in summer and winter.

8. Max

Max Senior member

Doc Martens are the original military boot.

Just make sure you have hair on your head when you wear them.

Ah, no.

Doc Martens started in the late 40s. Wars had been happening for a long time before that; and armies had been issuing uniforms that included footwear for some time.

9. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

10. dcg

dcg Senior member

Try atthefront.com.

That's an..um...interesting website:

"1. Yes, these boots are made of leather. Not vinyl, plastic, plether, rubber, kevlar, snipeskin, recycled condoms, fetal tissue or brown toilet paper. Real live leather. Made from real dead animals....
    2. Yes, they look like the pictures. Actually, we used the booties from Dragon "Action! Figures" and enlarged them with Photoshop 'cause their detail is so much more exact than ours...Aaaaagh! What the hell else would we use in the pictures? Nikes??? Jesus H.
    3. If you don't know your shoe size, we can't figure it out for you.
    I suppose you could cut one foot off and mail it to us...? No, your height and hat size won't help us."

[​IMG]

11. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Those look like Corcoran jump boots.

12. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

there is a sick worn out pair of boots...

13. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Try atthefront.com.

U.S.>Footwear>Service Shoes

I think those are the ones. They're close, at least.

14. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Hey... I can donate you a pair of my boots, issued to me in the summer of 2001. They've traveled all over Pacific Ocean, Russia, Canada [​IMG]
    I'm thinking of buying something new so I can let these go.

Having owned my last pair of combat boots when I was 19 (some 10 years ago) I'm on the hunt for a new pair. I'm looking for something identical to these below. Could someone help with a little info on what era these are from? My original boots were hand me downs from my father so I'm assuming these are Vietnam era? Does anyone know of the maker originally responsible for such boots? Corcoran? Any more info that could make my eBay search easier. Any points to sources for good vintage Army surplus boots that's not going to give me something with mesh uppers, velcro closures or Nike soles would be awesome too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Well, I have no shortage of army surplus stores nearby (I actually pass Fort Dix on my way to work everyday) but unfortunately, I haven't seen a pair of older 50's/60's styles of boots in these places in ages. Stuff more along the lines of:

[​IMG]

But this stuff is much more comfortable. Trust me... I've worn the "old" issue boots and the newer styles. The old ones (ones you're looking at) are a piece of sht. They're rough, uncomfortable, tear up your feet. Just get one of the newer styles and beat the crap out of them. Check out http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/ - they make one of the best boots out there. Matterhorn is good too. If you want to get Matterhorns, let me know, I can get them much cheaper (say $100 vs $220) than retail through work.