• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Label Help - San Francisco/NorCal/West Coast

Working Michael

Reaction score
Hello SF-ites!

Occasional observer, first time poster here. I've come to you all, mens style brain trust of the internet, to ask if anyone has seen or heard of my great-grandfather's tailoring company, McDonald Collett. They were a San Francisco based company making bespoke and MTM suits during 20th century, probably into the 50s or 60s.

I, like many other young whippersnappers, am deeply interested in the classic American legacy of tailoring, and having this family connection is too good to pass up! Sadly, I live in Philadelphia at the moment, and highly doubt that any of great gramps' suits made it West of the Rockies, nevermind the Mississippi.

Have any of you left coasters run into this label in your vintaging? Could you be convinced to take a picture of whatever logomarks and insignia are on the clothes, if you've got some?

Any information is really helpful, and I thank you stalwart gentlemen in advance.

•••
@workingmichael

emptym

Reaction score
If anyone would know, it's member Pejsek. But I don't think he's been around for a while.

You might call some of the better vintage stores in SF, like La Rosa and Decades of Fashion. The clerk answering the phone probably wouldn't know anything, but the manager or owner might.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads