• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Kenmoor dating

thenewguy

Reaction score
Not that I'm into that kind of thing. I'm a happily married man...

I've been searching the forum for over an hour and can't find anyone defining how to date older Florsheim Kenmoors. I am looking at a few on ebay and just wondering what year they are from. Is there any stamped code that would give me the year?

Thanks

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:confused: Again?
Someone get Teacher in here to write a comprehensive history for all time please.

thenewguy

Reaction score
I guess "again." I don't see it when I use the search function. Apparently, I am not using the right search terms.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, it isn't you that tired me but the question itself. We get Florsheim questions just like this one about 2 times per month so you can imagine how many times the information has already been shared. Somewhere in the 2 million threads on SF lay your answer.
Our resident member 'Teacher' used to work for Florsheim in its glory days and has extensive product knowledge. Perhaps it may be possible, if we are all really nice and beg well, that he would start a 'Comprehensive Guide to Florsheim Shoes' thread.
The code numbers do indeed mean something although I cannot remember if the year of manufacturing was encrypted in the coding. For certain will be the last number and sizing. If Teacher is unwilling or unable, I will start that new thread myself and do the best I can but I don't want to type it all here where it will be lost to future researchers.
Then again, if he wanted to start such a thread, he would have done so ages ago. Perhaps it works against an Ebay buyer for example, to have a seller be able to easily research what he is selling and know too much and then ask too much? In any case, the age of the shoes will indicate quality but not necessarily guarantee good condition so be very careful on what you bid on.
If you are worried about competition on your Ebay search, you may private message me and I will try to help.
Or, you may post photos of said shoes here and we'll all try to help.

Last edited:

thenewguy

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't find any good answer in my search. I was looking at postings on eBay and just wanted to know what I was looking at before I bid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads