1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vintage Frye Roper Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gitman, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

Tags:
  1. gitman

gitman Member

I've been looking for a boot similar to the Roper style boots that Frye offered in the 70's and 80's :
    it should have a round toe, flat heel, not taller than a 6" shaft and be leather-lined ... I've only
    found some boots by Justin that are somewhat similar but not quite the real McCoy. Maybe someone knowledgeable on this forum can point me in the right direction ? I've attached some photos from the www to illustrate my quest ! LotImg11756.jpg Roper 1.jpg Roper 2.jpg

2. DocJimbo

DocJimbo Member

Have you looked at the current Frye Ropers? I think the cuurent owners are doing a decent job with some vitage Frye styles

https://www.thefryecompany.com/Weston-Roper-d-85032

3. gitman

gitman Member

Hi Doc,
    thanks for the headsup - these are nice but too much "western" style for my taste.

4. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior Member

5. therattler

therattler Senior Member

What about Lucchese? For my money, nobody's making anything even close.