• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ebay made a number of changes to the shoe category recently that affected buyers and sellers. Basically new and replacement attributes. It hasn't gone well and more changes are coming. This is an interesting article that discusses some of the issues.

Yah, it screwed up my saved searches a couple weeks ago. I thought it was just an issues of the size filters being ignored but it seems like it's still not working correctly to me even after reselecting the new sizes. Thanks for the article.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay made a number of changes to the shoe category recently that affected buyers and sellers. Basically new and replacement attributes. It hasn't gone well and more changes are coming. This is an interesting article that discusses some of the issues.

Ahh. Now it makes sense. I had a lot of trouble searching for size when I pulled up a couple favorite sellers.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to interpret an “X” after a regular vintage Florsheim model number?

I’ve seen custom builds in the past, but those tend to have a very different numbering scheme.

TIA!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy we got some good looking brown Longwings today! It is a shame that Nunn Bush was a good quality company long ago and then turned into a junk maker. Same thing with Bostonian (and Florsheim for a while).

I have yet to find a pair of B Mason EI in my size. I did thrift one pair that was practically new. They seemed like a stiffer heavier copy of a 70's Florsheim Kenmoor -- that's not such a bad thing. But, they did look like they would be almost painful to wear long enough to break them in.

Breaking in a pair of shoes is something one never hears anymore. Most modern shoes are soft and don't have to be broken in. Of course, most of them are only built to last a few years.

Here is one of my very favorite pairs of shoes. I can't tell the age exactly. They were Made to Order. I would guess they are 60's. I need to get some new heels but I was sort of waiting until I could find a good place to do full soles.
View attachment 1279170

View attachment 1279172

@suitforcourt was saying that the guy down in Florida can brand the soles with the Florsheim logo. Can he replace the insole? On one it is very worn. On the other it is so worn, it is almost gone.

The shoes also have the old school cat's paw heel -- which isn't that unusual. But, I don't remember seeing them exactly like this:

View attachment 1279169

Jim McFarland in Florida doesn't put on the Florsheim logo on the insoles, or soles. Steve from Bedos does. Check out his facebook pages for reference.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to interpret an “X” after a regular vintage Florsheim model number?

I’ve seen custom builds in the past, but those tend to have a very different numbering scheme.

TIA!

The one pair I have with the X, is definitely custom made.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t check the weather forecast before heading out this morning, but luckily the rain held off until just before I got home to find a box of thrift funded Crockett and Jones Harvard brown shell Cordovan loafers with grippy Dainite soles waiting for me.
5E65140F-71CC-4D1F-BA36-93809AACEDBD.jpeg

They're not marked for brand or size, but this is inside:
fullsizeoutput_23f7.jpeg

CF768494-120C-4A96-A732-BE03E8C1F602.jpeg

Last edited:

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
11EEE in Alden, 11.5eee in AE and 12EEE in Florsheims.

Doc, did you grab these? Listing sold in 6 hours.

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
Anyone saw these green MacNeil on David's list. Kinda like the Florsheim moss green.

I wonder if the green color is original, dye over, or faded.

Last edited:

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I was looking at these Florsheim "Designer" Collection and they seem pretty cool 'art deco' replicas.

Internet search suggest they were Florsheim's entry level. I wonder if these are still GYW. Anyone know more about this Florsheim line?

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at these Florsheim "Designer" Collection and they seem pretty cool 'art deco' replicas.

Internet search suggest they were Florsheim's entry level. I wonder if these are still GYW. Anyone know more about this Florsheim line?

View attachment 1279820

View attachment 1279821

https://www.ebay.com/it I havem/MEN...7-3E-Black-Leather-Designer-2019/323951440070

I have a pair that I just sold. Construction definitely below the 9000 series. CG for sure.

If I had to guess, it was one of Florsheim's ideas to cut costs.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in the current Style Forum poll I voted for wearing boots with jeans, so I figured I should walk the walk.
Allen Edmonds Dundee shell chukka boots on casual Friday.

20191115.jpg

Have a great one, fellas!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in the current Style Forum poll I voted for wearing boots with jeans, so I figured I should walk the walk.

View attachment 1279890

What brand and model of jeans are those? Perfect for the boots!

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brand and model of jeans are those? Perfect for the boots!

Uh, they are selvedge jeans from Uniqlo. Nothing fancy or vintage. I hemmed them a bit too short and can't roll the cuffs to show off the selvedge without showing too much socks. :p

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

View attachment 1279890

Thanks for the inspiration @Oshare. These are bourbon and are officially due for cleanup (unlike yours, which of course look superb today!). HappyFriday, fellas.

20191115_082659.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doc, did you grab these? Listing sold in 6 hours.

@suitforcourt gave me a heads up, but I did not see if for several hours and by then they were gone. Thanks what happens when you don’t come to the thread every 20 minutes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads